3rd Holley regulator and its screwing up

496BBC

I'm on my 3rd Holley regulator over the last 2 years and its starting to piss me off.

Is anyone using these regulators with luck?

I'm using the large port Holley regulators and they will start chattering and than will loose control of the fuel pressure. They will work off and on once they start messing up but it is getting old. I spoke with Holley and they have no answer for this one.

I'm not going to buy another one just to have it fail on me again.

I think I'm going to replace my set up with all Aeromotive stuff and give that a try.

Neal

I dunno man, 50 billion car shows through the decades, and more often than not, I see Holley stuff messing up...carbs are most obvious...leaks all over the intakes, are the least of the problems....

at least a QJ keeps the leaks down the induction, not all over sloppy looking....

now to hear of the same sort of quality control problems, yet another aspect....

:shocking::crap:

Are you using the proper one made for a return line?

I'm using a non bypass regulator right now,

I've tried with and without the bypass line connected and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I prefer the bypass line connected to help with fuel temps.

Neal

Return style regulators made for use with bypass or return lines are always better than the deadhead type. Their internal signaling is different.
I used the Holley return type with no problems, but I'm sure the Aeromotive are better quality.

I dunno man, 50 billion car shows through the decades, and more often than not, I see Holley stuff messing up...carbs are most obvious...leaks all over the intakes, are the least of the problems....

I have to say I have seen the accel pumps leak more than once. BIG time fire hazard.:club: