VetteMOD.com

VetteMOD.com (http://www.vettemod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chassis, Steering and Suspension (http://www.vettemod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   C3 dropped spindle options? (http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5620)

BBShark 03-28-2010 11:59 AM

C3 dropped spindle options?

Are these the only dropped spindles out there for a C3? Not really looking for a 2 inch drop. 1 inch would be good.

HSP 2210632

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

mrvette 03-28-2010 01:26 PM

Get in touch with Global West Suspensions, they did the parts on my '70 Lemans/GTO front end, I did a junkyard source for '80 Caddy front spindles to drop it some distance....

this is all about '89 or so when it took place, so my mammory is a bit hazy on just what, but I think they did something on the sharks too....

IMO..no one tools up to make spindles, they are a spindle off another car, trouble is, to find the right one....the old sharks maybe a problem because it's the only car I have seen with that weird upside down lower BJ....

:surrender:

Twin_Turbo 03-28-2010 08:32 PM

Yes, as far as I know those are the only available.

BBShark 03-28-2010 08:52 PM

What about making custom offset inner arm pivots that move the pivot center up 1"?

lvrpool32 03-29-2010 12:55 AM

I spoke to Hot Rod USA about their dropped spindles...if I remember rightly they are from an Impala, require the use of a different hub/bearings and brake rotor and will mess up the offset of any current wheels you may have....didn't take it any further.

Nick

BBShark 03-29-2010 01:35 AM

Nick,

The Impala spindles pictured at Hotrod USA are the same picture as the Corvette spindles but they have different part numbers. I guess they could be the same but who knows. The 2 inch drop is a little more than I am looking for.

I am speculating here, but I think raising the inner pivot for the lower control arm could be done and has some benefits as well (camber gain similar to a raised upper ball joint). I don't know, just started thinking this through.

1Michel 03-29-2010 02:14 AM

Was it Norval that cut and welded his spindles?
I think he cut and made them longer to raise the upper ball joint , not sure

mrvette 03-29-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Michel (Post 65612)
Was it Norval that cut and welded his spindles?
I think he cut and made them longer to raise the upper ball joint , not sure

YUP, sure was, not that I understand the theory, but it sounded cool....

about all I can do to understand SLA theory, but when adding in another card to the trick pile....I start short circuiting....

:surrender:

Twin_Turbo 03-29-2010 08:19 AM

He cut them to raise the upper BJ, this won't drop the spindle. Moving the axle shaft upward in respect to the lower BJ will

1Michel 03-29-2010 10:32 AM

I know it didnt drop the car, but not sure about the reason, I know he explained it.