VetteMOD.com

VetteMOD.com (http://www.vettemod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Cars (http://www.vettemod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   1971 Skylark Convertible (http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5312)

DeeVeeEight 02-05-2010 04:42 PM

1971 Skylark Convertible

Yesterday I went out and bought myself a new toy. Ideally I wanted an Olds Cutlass Convertible with factory air but I came across this baby at a fraction of the price of what Cutlass 'Verts are going for.

Dark Midnight Blue Metallic paint, 350, 2 bbl, auto, factory air. Here's lots of :photo:

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

greg75vette 02-05-2010 05:19 PM

Nice! That looks really clean. Are the seats original? They look more modern.

DeeVeeEight 02-05-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg75vette (Post 62417)
Nice! That looks really clean. Are the seats original? They look more modern.

You hae a sharp eye, the interior is out of an '85 Monte Carlo.

Stpman 02-05-2010 06:54 PM

Very nice I really like those Buicks, a friend of mine has a 71 or 72 all white GSX clone

mrvette 02-05-2010 06:56 PM

Dayum, that car looks SO familiar....Kid next door to me up north had one, some ~20 years ago, kept it outside, unfurtunately, no garage...it was triple black, I think he had a 400 in it, I know it was a Qj....I o/hauled the carb on it once....

sweet ride, very similar to my '70 Lemans convertible....:hi::beer::beer::yahoo:

I know it's none of our business, but I sold my Lemans for 5 grand even, in '98....

curious what you paid....please PM me if you don't wanna say publicly....

:beer::beer:

Twin_Turbo 02-05-2010 11:05 PM

Wow, NICE! awesome color too. Are you sure they're 85 monte seats? Looks a lot like even newer (95?) The 85s have similar seats to the F bodies and they don't look like that, the 90?s up ones I think do. Sure looks comfy.

DeeVeeEight 02-06-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo (Post 62435)
Wow, NICE! awesome color too. Are you sure they're 85 monte seats? Looks a lot like even newer (95?) The 85s have similar seats to the F bodies and they don't look like that, the 90?s up ones I think do. Sure looks comfy.

I am not sure about the year of the seats. You are probably right.

I have questions for all of you about the "heavy" 350 that this car came with. Is there a website with data on this engine and these cars? Is the heavy 350 engine any good or should I be looking at a replacement? I am not planning on any serious racing, this car is for cruising, I also plan on keeping the factory a/c intact.

mrvette 02-06-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeVeeEight (Post 62461)
Quote:

I am not sure about the year of the seats. You are probably right.

I have questions for all of you about the "heavy" 350 that this car came with. Is there a website with data on this engine and these cars? Is the heavy 350 engine any good or should I be looking at a replacement? I am not planning on any serious racing, this car is for cruising, I also plan on keeping the factory a/c intact.

Not sure about Buick, but Olds/Pontiac 350 engine were the same block casting as the larger ones including 455, and they were heavy engines.....

I understood that Buick 400+ engine had thinner wall? castings, and were much lighter, making them a bit of a sleeper....IF the 350 has the same Buick casting, it would still be heavy for a 350 engine....

:beer:

Stpman 02-06-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeVeeEight (Post 62461)
Quote:

I had a 69 LeSabre with that same 350 I got 125, 000 miles and hit 125 MPH a couple times. It was still running strong when I gave it back to dad when I bought my Gran Prix in 79

DeeVeeEight 02-07-2010 12:46 PM

It seems that there are not a whole lot of aftermarket parts for the Buick 350's. Does anyone know of a source for Buick parts? I found T A Performance online, they have some stuff but it is limited.