One day.... It will be a race car!

Thanks Baz.
As the woodoo blue was off limit , I went for something different !!

Still plenty to do , but I will refresh myself first by going to Europe next week, to see some vintage racing and returning to the Nordschleife for a few days . I just hope that it will not be too busy, as it is quite dangerous there. Anyway...

Still not on the chassis, some delay on the the motor and I want to install it before the body.
Anyway back at it. Made an alloy battery box, fitted on the passenger side, and had parts of body wrapped in some clear stone shield to protect the paint.

thum_393459ef12b55976b.jpg
thum_393459ef12b5bd4e1.jpg

Putting everything back together now. What a relief to start emptying shelves instead of filing them !
I can sit in the car and start to make some noise !! :lol:

thum_39345a6c676a71deb.jpgthum_39345a6c68372e968.jpg

Yeah !! Working again !!
Motor is running ,and all things electric working, so happy !!
I did have some problems with the clutch, appears to be the input shaft slightly bent, OK for a single plate but not for a triple. Anyway...
The interior is finished, seat, belts ect...
Should post some pictures when allowed.

So, the car had its first track miles !!
No problems, except when the ignition coil died but everything hold on really well. Played with the tire pressures and had lot of fun. Those cars have a nice balance on the loud pedal, really appreciate it.
thum_39345b067c522d722.jpgthum_39345b067c5214e73.jpg

But God it was cold in the mornings !!

thum_39345b067c51da00e.jpgthum_39345b067c5202d9f.jpg

Now, back in the workshop and solve the brake, check all the bolts and nuts, check the wheel alignment, check the diff oil, check the g/box oil, check.......

Well? I am thinking about fitting a booster pump to combat heat soak. I had a bit of trouble to cool the motor down in the pit after the afternoon session, the elec cooling fan was on, on a battery tender, but I had to run the motor every 10mn or so to move the coolant around . So an electric booster water pump and the fan should keep the heat soak to a minimum, without the need to run the motor.
I will buy a Davies,Craig pump and figure how to plumb it.
I should call this Evo 1 .

Meziere makes a nice remote pump, 55 gal/min. I put one on my 70. No experience with Craig Davis, sorry.

Post up photos when you do your install.

Electric booster water pump fitted and working.

thum_39345b2b75026cf1a.jpg

This a Davies-Craig EBP23 for 23liters of water per minutes, you work out the gallons !!:amused:

Interesting, haven't seen a boost pump before. But, provides some redundancy/safety.

Wow, you've come a long way in a short time.