C4 batwing to fit my C3 differential

With Sam's help I managed to brute force my way to getting some pictures stored and posted. I greatly appreciate his help.

Here's a picture of the mostly finished batwing. It's been narrowed 3" total, and welded/redrilled for the C3 cover pattern, and welded/drilled/tapped for a lube fill plug under the spring mount area.

IM002648_zps6tkza3th.jpg

And here's a test fit. Hot damn, it fits! The C3 batwing was damn difficult getting out with the jig metal in the way, but the C4 batwing went in pretty easily.

After the test fit I removed the batwing and stuck an old cast iron cover on the differential to keep out the dust and grinding grit. I'm now cutting and grinding off the old batwing frame mounts. Once the mount area is smooth I'll put the new batwing on and weld in the new mount tabs. The rest of the assembly ought to go rather quickly.

And again, thanks Sam!

Well, I see Photobucket is being difficult with the previous pictures in this thread, so here's some updated ones.

I got the C4 batwing finished and installed on the car. I've got one track day and one autocross on it, along with a few street miles, and so far nothing has broken. I'm using the old C4 toe rods until I get time to weld a bracket to put the C6 toe rods back in.

2i1mwc4.jpg

I also finished the aluminum mufflers to replace the heavier Dynomax mufflers I had on the car the past couple years. These mufflers are 6# lighter (each), 10# vs 16#. They're pretty quiet at WOT, according to some friends of mine who were at the autocross, and so far the mufflers haven't broken or melted.

hvt4xf.jpg