1964 Bee Line Camper Elkhart Il

I had a 35' Franklin pull behind I lived in while I was in Atlanta, then hauled it to Detroit for a year. Traded it in on a 36' Travel Supreme. That Frnaklin was really not a bad trailer, but it was for sure NOT designed for either living in year round OR cold weather.

there was a guy at work in DC who lived on his boat his family didnt relocate with him...in the winter he stayed at work really late and watched TV in his office. i guess the boat was too damn cold...he showered at work also.

LONG long time ago up there the Washington Marina and many others along the Potomac were homes for many a DC worker.....in fact there was a story on the news about CIA types that CANOED across the Potomac river from the DC/Md/ side to the CIA Langley campus....for work every day....

not to mention all the marinas here in Florida.....

in many ways I wish I bought a boat and became a boat hippy here instead of a house....but then, no place for my CAR hobby....

:hissyfit::crylol:

well if there are floating homes why not a floating garage? you could tow it behind your house boat.....

makes sense to update this thread with the latest photo

this is from last weekend....so its been out inthe sun exposed for 1.5 yrs i believe the white marks to the right of the rear window are from the roofing paint used up top, there are no paint failures and it still looks really good. it has had no paint maintenance done to it what so ever...not even washings

bobbyscamper_zps375b5338.jpg

Last edited:
makes sense to update this thread with the latest photo

this is from last weekend....so its been out inthe sun exposed for 1.5 yrs i believe the white marks to the right of the rear window are from the roofing paint used up top, there are no paint failures and it still looks really good. it has had no paint maintenance done to it what so ever...not even washings
]

My sis is about 13 years older than me, but just a couple years ago, about age 81 or so, she towed a very similar camper over the NW regions, covering many states.....by her SELF.....today she is age '82 going to be 83 soon enough, if I have my math right.....:shocking::ill:

impressive .... this is Dupli Color stuff that Auto Zone sells... just a reminder for those who haven't been following the whole story :)

2yr update 9/19/2013 update

this is stored outside and has never been buffed, waxed or even washed often

IMG_1018_zps01adb48b.jpg

IMG_1017_zpsc356aa7d.jpg

IMG_1016_zps61b18dca.jpg

IMG_1015_zpsdbea79fe.jpg

heres some with no sun glare

IMG_1026_zpsfeeb7d83.jpg

IMG_1024_zpsf33f8418.jpg

IMG_1023_zps561f9cdc.jpg

IMG_1022_zps4174b88b.jpg

IMG_1021_zps6e8b6e9b.jpg

Last edited:
Wish my vette looked that good, but then again, I no good with wall paint and a roller.....:clobbered::nuts:

the inside was ruined from poor storage and we gutted it. it now has simple 1/4 plywood walls painted white with basically the same configuration of bed table kitchen closet made out of plywood painted white.

3.5 yr update duplicolor paint shop lacquer from autozone with clear coat. say what you will but I am impressed with this product

no love.....just sitting out side in the sun gets turned every year

the white hazing is the roofing paint and it washes off. this was not washed prior to taking the photos.

before photo oct 2011

IMG_0308.jpg

7922a7a6-4c41-4af8-84b5-8947f5a2fa11_zpss7po93pb.jpg
20150412_130540_zpsyjof1fw5.jpg
20150412_130501_zps4irzkufx.jpg

20150412_130532_zpsqkh3zmw0.jpg