Isn’t impersonating police a felony?

Personally - I think it is highly irresponsible & dangerous to anyone else on the same road as them. How many times at normal freeway speeds has someone cut you off? If I was in charge, all involved would forever loose their licenses & spend time in jail.

Personally - I think it is highly irresponsible & dangerous to anyone else on the same road as them. How many times at normal freeway speeds has someone cut you off? If I was in charge, all involved would forever loose their licenses & spend time in jail.

Lol. Yeah, it is all fun and games until some one gets hurt. Across state lines too, which means the feds could get involved.

I think they were foolish to do it and even more foolish providing so much evidence and testimony. :eek::eek:

Probably the reason the only ones to do it before were in the movies.

Just heard that in Ohio they have issued 2200 speeding tickets for people doing over 100MPH. That's just who got caught. Who knows what the actual number is. Since this pandemic started, I've never seen so many people driving like crazy.

Highway patrol: More drivers cited for 100+ mph after Ohio opened from coronavirus shutdown

The number of motorcyclists killed was up by 52 percent compared to the previous July and pedestrian fatalities was up by 123 percent, DeWine said. Early data for August indicates 122 people were killed in crashes in Ohio.

Ohio State Highway Patrol Col. Richard Fambro said there was a significant decrease in traffic volume and crashes in the early months of the pandemic. By the end of April, 28 fewer people had lost their lives on Ohio roads compared to 2019.

"As Ohio began to open up, we saw a definite uptick in crash, fatal crashes, and a significant increase in the speeds in which vehicles were traveling on Ohio's roads," Fambro said, as he appeared at the news conference via video.

As of Tuesday, troopers have issued more than 2,220 citations for 100 mph or more. That's a 61 percent increase compared to the same period last year.

Jail time?

"In most states, the courts consider excessive speeding — which refers to speeding in excess of 15-20 miles per hour over the posted speed limit — as reckless driving, which is a crime. This is because state lawmakers view reckless driving as a willful and wanton disregard for the safety of others.Jun 26, 2019"

I also see if someone is injured it can become a much worse felony.

Last edited: