Advice on Rear Spring

Well I have nothing to compare it to except my old worn out 100,000 mile suspension with 9-leaf steel spring. But I sure do like it, and it's only a half hour job to change the spring rate. And the single leaf 'glas spring has such a smoother action to it that while it's stiffer rated than the steel leaf, it seems to glide better over the road. It's not sticking to itself like the leaves in a steel spring do.
You have to pull the crossmember, which means drop the diff, to install it so it will inevitably lead to an attack of while-I'm-at-it-itis. :stirpot:
But yeah I highly recommend it.

John

Oh crap! I had to make myself leave the garage last weekend after replacing the motor mounts. I was just searching like a rabbid dog for something else that I could spend some more money on.

I got the VB&P 360# and put it on the car yesterday. Made a big difference in the ride. More stable side to side, firmer but takes rough road much more smooth. Ride height is better also, doesn't sag in the back. I can hit speedbumps at 30 MPH and it doesn't bottom out. Much better.

I got the VB&P 360# and put it on the car yesterday. Made a big difference in the ride. More stable side to side, firmer but takes rough road much more smooth. Ride height is better also, doesn't sag in the back. I can hit speedbumps at 30 MPH and it doesn't bottom out. Much better.

Great! Are you still running the Bilstein HD?

Yep, it used to be a pleasure to get home after traveling, not anymore. I travel ALOT and we have some of the worst roads anywhere now. The only worse place I can think of is HWY 10 in Louisiana or HWY 40 around Oklahoma City. New Mexico is the poorest state in the Union and their roads are way better. How about the drive to Las Vegas - you practically need a 4X4 to get to Stateline Nevada and then things turn to smooth-as-glass. The worst part though is being able to go 70 to 80 MPH everywhere else and then you get to the boarder here and it's 55. WTF. You feel like you're not even moving.

Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Yep, it used to be a pleasure to get home after traveling, not anymore. I travel ALOT and we have some of the worst roads anywhere now. The only worse place I can think of is HWY 10 in Louisiana or HWY 40 around Oklahoma City. New Mexico is the poorest state in the Union and their roads are way better. How about the drive to Las Vegas - you practically need a 4X4 to get to Stateline Nevada and then things turn to smooth-as-glass. The worst part though is being able to go 70 to 80 MPH everywhere else and then you get to the boarder here and it's 55. WTF. You feel like you're not even moving.

Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Yea, I love the change in the roads at the Nevada-California border. You jump from 65 to 115 just because of the road being MUCH better in Nevada.:yahoo:

I always thought that was odd, when we'd head up to Ruidoso NM in the winter we'd have to do 30-40 all the way to the Texas-New Mexico border and then the roads were clear, ice-free, and very well maintained.

Not to mention...

IMG_9276.jpg

It's just so tempting.:evil:

Hi

Why are you not considering the coil over adjustable springs. Only mod done is on the trailing arms where a bracket is welded to. Even that is reversible by just cutting it of again.

I drove a coil over C3 and man, nothing compares to that ride.
I am really thinking going that route .

Günther