If I thought I would ever do anything with this, I would........

I hate fiberglass. But it wouldn't be the first thing I bought, let it sit for 10 years and then sold!

They don't look like molds. Look at those fender panels: they are smooth & if you put cloth & glass on them - the inside of the new fender would look great - and the outer rough. They are the opposite - they should be the negative. Unless you used them to make mold & then make parts. That is really labor intensive for a GM dealer to undertake. I'm a skeptic. Show me the GM part numbers.

In the early 1970's I had identical looking 63-64 front fender louver panels bonded to one of my cars & got them from Russell Chevy, Fairfield, CT. Now they came from GM, but the dealer may have bought them from one of the aftermarket fiberglass vendors at that time (Don Bailey Vette Shop; Ecklers, Motion).

Hand laid - they were the only panels available for those parts. Aftermarket match molded fiberglass had not yet been introduced. They were OK on the outside, but the inside was rough & bumpy. Years later I replaced them with smooth press molded & put them up for sale. Remarkably the left sold & l still have the right.

DSC06827.jpg

DSC06828.jpg

WOW! I passed on a similar deal over in Pensacola - a HUGE selection of molds - and a few "bucks" -- get this-- all for $5K!

There were split windows - near complete, Manta Complete, and a bunch of mid-years too. No storage space and then what? wait for another sale. At least got to visit and dream of the possibilities.

Those from the 63 could be used as bucks to make the molds - but the a heap of effort and $$. But FUN for someone with space, time, and cash!

Cheers - Jim

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/pts/d/tyro-corvette-fiberglass-molds-complete/7106429104.html

"Purchased from an estate, we are offering for sale approximately 500 or more Corvette molds to reproduce all the fiberglass Corvette body panels from 1953 to 1979. Also included with the molds is a Glas-Craft fiberglass chop gun in very good condition.

Start your own business reproducing Corvette panels immediately! "

BB Shark, fyi.

It looks like everyone and their brother was making molds for Corvettes back in the day. Those look like they have been piled up in that building for a long, long time.

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/pts/d/tyro-corvette-fiberglass-molds-complete/7106429104.html

"Purchased from an estate, we are offering for sale approximately 500 or more Corvette molds to reproduce all the fiberglass Corvette body panels from 1953 to 1979. Also included with the molds is a Glas-Craft fiberglass chop gun in very good condition.

Start your own business reproducing Corvette panels immediately! "

BB Shark, fyi.

It looks like everyone and their brother was making molds for Corvettes back in the day. Those look like they have been piled up in that building for a long, long time.

Yeah, buyer beware for sure!

considering C-2 guys are way more anal than C-3 guys (wanting original parts) I would think you would have a tough time selling anything.

That's kinda the point of this thread. I would never do anything with that stuff, other than pile it up somewhere and ignore it for 10 years. At that point, the dump might be the only way to rid this earth of that crap. No chance I would ever try to sell any parts from them. I'm lazy, there I said it.

So here we are almost 2 years later and this stuff is still for sale on Ebay. I think he needs to start slashing prices!