My 56 Chevy PU project

The dash is coming along with the digital gauges in
Photo0208.jpg

The billet arm rest and power window switches are in

Photo0205.jpg

Dean, that LPG system is slick as snot on a brass doorknob.....to quote a olde tyme High School phrase......

nice work man.....:yahoo::D

Now that the Gas tank is in its time to make a cove for it that includes a shelf for a fire extinguisher and a place to keep a jack, tool roll and speakers. It will be covered with carpet and the shelf vinyl to make it easy to clean.

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5726.jpg

Well the interior is done but not installed yet. Wiring still needs to be completed.

The polished stainless exhaust is done.
IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

IMG_5793.jpg

IMG_5790.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

Make sure you plug in the air intake temp sensor extension harness before drop distributor in. They are a PITA to get plugged back in after it is all assembled.

Well I have started back to work on the 56. The final part of the right hand drive conversion is to move the side mirror stand. When the truck was left hand drive the stock door mirrors were set up so the left was forward and the right was back so you could easily see them from were you sat but when changing to right hand drive the left mirror was hidden by the windshield frame. The right was back but can still work. So I had to remake the left stand to match the original style, now I have to get it chromed.

Right side original is ok as is
IMG_5624_zps30e8f805.jpg

Last edited:
I finally had some time to work on the truck. The doors are finished wiring and to get the inner door handle to fit the puffy door panels a newly machined shaft had to be made that was 5/8 inch longer, now the handles fit just right. The telescoping braided sheath works great, that is a neat setup. Also the door jam switch is connected to the original dome light.