Plastic Fantastic 2

I'm not "there" yet, but your efforts give me an approximate timeline and pseudo parts list to work with as a guide. Expect it will take longer than you.
:thumbs:

My goal is by first snow to have this done.... there's more then a little sarcasm in that estimate.

I've got a real shot at making it before the first snow - in Phoenix. May not occur this year. :drink:

Pappy

snow usually happens just after Christmas. We're so close to the Pacific Ocean that it moderates the temps - if the Puget Sound didn't happen, we'd have snow about the same time as Denver..... because it exists, we get snow events but it's almost funny how rare major events are - south of us (Oregon) tends to get more snow. That said, if we get hit... we can have one winter where we might get a few inches and about a week total of snow and the next winter several feet that comes in December and doesn't leave until March.

went out and bedded the new brakes.... they work excellent
then needed to mark TDC in a way I can actually see it to time it - first, get to TDC... well, I guess that will do
D00Auozh.jpg
amazingly hard to get this in placeedited
a223vQih.jpg

good news, I know where the oil leak is.... bad news, not sure I can fix it
l2STJqFh.jpg

and now my most favorite job ever... wiring
3c3uUBch.jpg
soon, headlights
CiLWu6Rh.jpg
the finish of tonight was this is the last step (install the switch)
mMmcAD9h.jpg
HmyPr3ph.jpg
in annoyances... my dipstick is broke
pER6zC0h.jpg

I spent part of the weekend with the kid whose pictures I've featured - in that we set timing and changed the oil... so not a lot done but a lot done
today, started working on the radio plate....
DWTkDPQh.jpg
I'm still not there with the lights.... but today's issue was wrong switch... that said, I need to spend more time on it to make it reliable
​​​​​​​
here's the link on Facebook... only reason I'm putting anything about this up is this kid is both talented and overcoming challenges...

hope this link works... if not, let me know
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ant...7&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

Today's fail was brought to you by FiTech.edited Those who know my '40 know this fail....edited
Wh7mNhMh.jpg
so a bit of background - FiTech said disconnect the stuck injector.... which is great if you have an allen wrench and a -6 AN wrench.... or wire cutters.... unless, of course, the one stupid injector's wiring is buried so you can't cut it....edited
azuL3tDh.jpg
tow truck it is.edited And just like the '40, I got it home and it runs fine..... but there for awhile it was old-faithful with fuel blowing out of the front, right venturi.

one of my friends thinks it was because I was mocking Subarus... don't know the relevance? FiTech injectors are Subaru injectors...edited

break every warranty.edited I'm slightly annoyed that the warranty on these is only a year - a pro tip is buy the FiTech (or whatever) the day before you start shaking it down
I think that an injector plugged, I'll order another but it's a bit annoying that I need to carry extra proprietary injectors with me when the car has 49 miles on it
tPDXNXth.jpg
because I'm annoyed a few secrets are going to be shared... first, all handhelds work with all computers and the software is contained on a microSD card
i0oFNhxh.jpg

Ek6RHlLh.jpg
oops, it fell apart
sc0w0kbh.jpg
when you take it apart - the older version - you have to gently pry the joy stick knob off
2WC6rsqh.jpg
like this
yvzsWgKh.jpg
The cause of this is that I was told to blow dust our from around the joystick (without taking it apart - which pretty much guaranteed it was coming apart)
Wx7JECMh.jpg
anyone see the design flaw?edited yeah, no seal around the joystick
jOWf2Rwh.jpg
the touchscreen has a seal, but not the joystick so dust and crap can get in there.... would have been good to know before I painted the damn car..but back to the 'buy this last'.... don't be me - buy the FiTech last (and I still recommend them because I've heard a nasty rumor that the injectors are actually WRX)
I'll get a part number soon - they're 38mm 62# injectors for the 800 30008 fitech, they're 38mm 42# for the 600 hp version.... one interesting thing, if you want to run stacks, it'd be dead simply to use the FiTech system to run it.... why, you may ask, well... I might be considering such a dastardly thing

in other less annoying news, signals and driving lights are next.edited I want to hide these in the air inlets so the headlights don't, actually, ever 'have' to deploy.
MZAh737h.jpg
in other fixes.... oil dipstick fell apart... I could fix this but I've decided I don't like flexible shafts
xsvfRVrh.jpg
a stiffer rod
v2XCl5nh.jpg
FGZ in 3...2...1....
also bought a car cover
XjJKe0Ch.jpg

dipstick fix
d2HVgsYh.jpg
KfgCl2ch.jpg

weird issue... the tach on the Dakota Digital didn't work because it was hooked the grey tack wire rather then to the coil
iwStbu7h.jpg

on to fun stuff... signal/lights
HhLgNyXh.jpg
basically they're just motorcycle lights but they are fog and driving
nIl8vKbh.jpg
epVqtloh.jpg

wasted effort in 3
hTqCMxzh.jpg
PFzUmwLh.jpg
1 1/2
ISgg0Gxh.jpg
... light but no flash (and backwards wires)
​​​​​​​Wuc1k01h.jpg

Definitely not a good place for an Old Faithful style geyser. At least you were able to catch it with no fire. Nice progress otherwise!

For those wishing a comparison of sidepipes

Old hotness
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYTPPmK51Y[/ame]
new hotness
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o21nLogupk[/ame]

A cruise in the country yesterday. Too much traffic, but the last bit when I chase down the Tesla - those are not... umm.. legal speeds (35 mph zone)... the start I'm going 40-50, I'm not saying how fast I was going when I chased him down

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8YAo27Yno[/ame]

the sound of a 427 with sidepipes is pretty spiritual

and it's a brick, again
​​​​​​​g0KqDSxh.jpg

warranty work to fix this
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4Ibmk1kMA[/ame]

Last edited: