1 ton 4x4 suburban build

Yellow73SB

I'm copying and pasting this from my post on another forum

101_2009.jpg

101_2004.jpg

I have a donor truck for the engine tranny and transfer case 350,th250,205

I'll post updates as I go in this thread

I just ordered these, they shouldn't take too long

I still need to push the truck in our shop and take out the few final bolts holding in the 2wd suspension, shouldn't take more than 20 min though

weldonspringhanger2_tn.jpg

6inch%20shackle.JPG

frame%20eye%20hanger_tn.jpg

Heres my custom CNC plasma cut order

Welds are alright, kind of tight positions plus a lot of vertical welds. I haven't welded thick steel in awhile either, but I believe the welds have excellent penetration

The bracketry is much stronger than the frame itself

I'm going to add some rectangular pieces in to fill in the empty holes and get some extra strength.

101_2111.jpg

101_2112.jpg

101_2113.jpg

101_2114.jpg

101_2115.jpg

101_2119.jpg

I haven't gotten too much done

I finished the front spring mounts

I also bought some steel for my rear echobit copy and also for the fishplates

101_2149.jpg

101_2147.jpg

101_2148.jpg

101_2151.jpg

101_2152.jpg

I finished a little more stuff

101_2186.jpg

101_2185.jpg

101_2199.jpg

101_2193.jpg

101_2198.jpg

And here is my engine mounts I'm making a cross member to support them

101_2222.jpg

Last edited:
Heres some ideas of what I want it to look like

This one is boatsided, which means a good portion of the bbody and doors is cut off for clearence. I don't think I'm going to get into the doors. I'll just cut out the stock rockers and weld in some 2x4 .25 wall tubing, or maybe 5/16.

Plus the tubing for the rear will be too expensive for me at the moment

131_0807_1937_ws+2008_ultimate_adventure+wallpapers.jpg

This one is more like it

I'm going to leave just the skins on the rear. And also have only skins on the front. I'll probably do a basic roll cage inside also

cornfedburban.jpg

Heres what I've been wasting my time and money on lately. Not so much time because it's been pretty hot out lately, in the 100's I think

Still has a good amount of crap to be done

It's not too pretty :lol:

Theres some other stuff I haven't taken pictures of

I need to paint my front wheels still

101_2249.jpg

101_2268-1.jpg

101_2256.jpg

101_2245.jpg

100_0198.jpg

100_0199.jpg

I'm going to make these

DSC01990.jpg

With the help of these also, and a bender of course

101_2248.jpg

An old friend had one of them, back when it was new...same colors, same style-close enough....:sos::noworry:

Looks bad ass :devil:
Are you building it to go crawlin' or muddin'?

Mountain climbing?? it's what my son does with his Cherokee, :smash:

I don't even live in Florida and know there ain't no mountains there.

Have another beer Gene.

Supposed we DO have a foothill and a ~300' waterfall, wife is native and says it exists, so do other people, I need go see.....

my son was in Utah, now Colorado......

There is a place that is an old rock quarry, I'll be going there, mud isn't really my thing

Looks like you could use a 500 Cubic inch Cadillac stump pullin' engine in that thing.
I have one if you're interested.....

Looks like you could use a 500 Cubic inch Cadillac stump pullin' engine in that thing.

An old friend had one in a airboat...good for over 100 mph....~570 cu in, and OMG torque.....:flash:

about the closest any gas engine ever was, to run like a diesel....

:yahoo:

I have a big block that I could rebuild. I would start breaking stuff then :smash:

Did a lot more, should be able to drive it soon and have some fun

I probably have 1500 dollars into it

000_0013.jpg

100_0422.jpg

100_0426.jpg

100_0364.jpg

100_0343.jpg

100_0363.jpg

101_2273.jpg

101_2268.jpg

An old friend had one in a airboat...good for over 100 mph....~570 cu in, and OMG torque.....:flash:

Years and years ago when i was a young guy I mated 2 1970 Cadillac Eldorado's to make a nasty 1000 cu. in.twin engine front and rear steering mudder. Didn't finish it 100% but did get to drive it a little. Scary !!! :eek:

Years and years ago when i was a young guy I mated 2 1970 Cadillac Eldorado's to make a nasty 1000 cu. in.twin engine front and rear steering mudder. Didn't finish it 100% but did get to drive it a little. Scary !!! :eek:

I was at our local Pull-A-Part once, and found a 1970 Cadillac Eldorado convertible; the 500 was still in it, and it looked fresh (at least the heads did). The car was painted Purple metalflake, and had a white leather interior. While I was yanking the motor, this old black guy came up to me and started telling me that he knew the guy who had owned the car, and that it ran great (he junked it due to rust...the front frame rails were rusted out at the firewall, due to a leaking top that no one bothered to fix). He mentioned that the guy was an honest to God pimp...I told him I never would have guessed!:rofl:

I was at our local Pull-A-Part once, and found a 1970 Cadillac Eldorado convertible; the 500 was still in it, and it looked fresh (at least the heads did). The car was painted Purple metalflake, and had a white leather interior. While I was yanking the motor, this old black guy came up to me and started telling me that he knew the guy who had owned the car, and that it ran great (he junked it due to rust...the front frame rails were rusted out at the firewall, due to a leaking top that no one bothered to fix). He mentioned that the guy was an honest to God pimp...I told him I never would have guessed!:rofl:

When the kids were little, about 22 years ago, I had a '73 GRANDVILLE convertible, hated that top mechanism, what a engineering POS....anyway, that thing had the Eldo white leather seats in it for 100 bux outta a junkyard....talk about comfy...regular lounge chair lethal machine....needed a snooze detector wired in....had a 455/400 and 273 posi rear....

5500 lbs filled with helium....:bump::devil:

That's the car I taught the kids to wear seatbelts in.....my ex constantly bitching and shouting to wear the seatbelts.....finally I had it, and picked a spot....slammed on the brakes at speed....2 kids on the floor after bouncing off the front seat backs.....little cry comes up outta the pit....'DAAADDDDY!!!' I sex....THAT is why you wear your seat belts....

but that is why I am a conservative...get to the heart of the problem, the ex was liberal as hell, rather fight and argue some essoteric point than get the job DONE.....

:devil::clobbered: