Antifreeze fluid extractors

Yeah well statistics also proved that the world was flat, that the sun orbited the earth, that a flying machine was impossible, that house prices would never fall.......

Which is basically a meaningless comment......I am going with proven observations over time.....not once has a enviro weenie been proven correct....

and even though the rest of the world uses R12 we pay 5X the price for something not quite as good, and pay more to change over, and then the stupid 'clouds' of R12 that were supposedly doing all this damnage somehow are not a issue anymore.....so what happened???

they all of a sudden disappear?? guess so....

and the icebergs and glaciers are coming back too, some say they melted from underneath, which makes sense too, as the sunspots over the last couple decades heated the seawater which circulated under them...

so prove it's all this minor CO2 gas or whatEVER man has done over the last 100 years that affects climate..???

much adoo about nothing but .gov funding for some prof to make a living from....meanwhile that sort of 'talent' needs to be re directed into something like battery development, and ditch the islamics into the caves they belong in....instead of funding their craziness.....:crap:

...I shudder to think about putting my mouth on the suction hose when draining antifreeze....

You innocent guys must never have siphoned gas at night very much, huh?
Only a novice sucks on the hose. You wrap a rag around the hose and push it against the filler neck to make a bit of a seal. Then you BLOW into the hose to pressure up the tank. That starts the siphon.....:rolleyes:

I do something similar....instead of a hose to blow through, I stick an air nozzle wrapped around a wet rag and use a little pressure from my air compressor to start the flow.

Yeah well statistics also proved that the world was flat, that the sun orbited the earth, that a flying machine was impossible, that house prices would never fall.......

Which is basically a meaningless comment......I am going with proven observations over time.....not once has a enviro weenie been proven correct....

and even though the rest of the world uses R12 we pay 5X the price for something not quite as good, and pay more to change over, and then the stupid 'clouds' of R12 that were supposedly doing all this damnage somehow are not a issue anymore.....so what happened???

and the icebergs and glaciers are coming back too, some say they melted from underneath, which makes sense too, as the sunspots over the last couple decades heated the seawater which circulated under them...

so prove it's all this minor CO2 gas or whatEVER man has done over the last 100 years that affects climate..???

much adoo about nothing but .gov funding for some prof to make a living from....meanwhile that sort of 'talent' needs to be re directed into something like battery development, and ditch the islamics into the caves they belong in....instead of funding their craziness.....:crap:

Gene not only are you're comments stupid,but you also have no idea.
I will catch heat for this but i do not care. You my man are either stupid or just plane lazy or both. And i have no respect for you what so ever after those comments you just made if everybody thought like you this planet would be barren of all life form.
I have no more to say on this subject because talking to you is like talking to a ROCK nothing sinks in.
I apologize to the original poster for taking your thread way off course.

Well dammit, just dammit.
Coincidentally, my project for today is to change out the coolant in my little S10 Chevy truck. So I got my 3/8" hose & bucket & rag and was feeling all jaunty about doing it so cool, and ding dang---there's no room to stick my hose into this radiator. There's no drain cock that I can find either. So I go dig up some teeny 1/4" OD tubing I got and it just barely fits and I know it won't reach the bottom and it's been siphoning for a half hour now and I have about a quart in my bucket.....I'll go stick the compressed air nozzle in to speed it up, but it will still take 6 hours to do a one hour job at this rate. With Big Ace the Wonder Dog & the Kitties (look for their latest hit, "Feed Me, Feed Me, Feed Me", on the Motown label) living here, I am not going to just undo the bottom rad hose & spill a-freeze on the garage floor.

Damn, Corvetttes are just so easy to work on compared to other cars, aren't they?

So tell me about this magic "extractor"!

Later,
John

PS: I am not going to flush the old coolant down the toilet till I find out the truth about that--I'll let you all know.

Gene not only are you're comments stupid,but you also have no idea.
I will catch heat for this but i do not care. You my man are either stupid or just plane lazy or both. And i have no respect for you what so ever after those comments you just made if everybody thought like you this planet would be barren of all life form.
I have no more to say on this subject because talking to you is like talking to a ROCK nothing sinks in.
I apologize to the original poster for taking your thread way off course.

NO wonder food is so damn high in price, you refuse to farm productively, and more interested in some weenie theory, instead of broad statistical FACTS......your side is totally discredited.....your statements are incorrect for every one.....

you are more concerned for yellow tailed snail darters than getting electric power....I think all eco weenies need have their lights truned out, while the rest of the world marches ON with technology....

:yahoo::harhar:

Like i said earlier You are a stupid old man and have no idea what you are talking about,I pity your kids and grand kids.

"COMPROMISE", Gene, "compromise"---look it up. It's a word whose meaning has been lost in this day & age & society. It's a good word, it defines a necessary state of being to be a succesful member of any society. It goes well with the word "contemplate"--to think about, to wonder, to question given habits, notions, ways.
The black & white 'I'm right and you are wrong and there is nothing else to discuss or know or learn' does not work. That mindset is one of stagnation: it only destroys, it does not learn or build or create. It is pure selfishness. Perhaps you are the Chosen One, the all-knowing pure speaker of truth unlike any other human who has come before you--but I wonder, if that is true, why are you not the ruler of the world, living the perfect life? Either way, whether you are or are not, I am still me and I have a life which is not yours. And I am but one of millions of individual human beings on this little orb we are all stuck on, with thoughts, hopes, and dreams of a good future. For myself, now, but also for those lives who will follow mine after I am but worm food. I contemplate the future--my heirs-- and am willing to compromise my immediate gratifications to ensure their survival & growth.

Guess I'm just stupid that way. Silly me. I should just realise it's only about ME, nothing exists but for MY gratification, the entire universe revolves around ME and MY immediate desires. For after all, when I die, the universe ends, doesn't it?

Gene,
I propose an experiment to prove your point. Drain your radiator, place in a bowl, and give it to your wifes cat. Get back to us with the results.

I been listening to the eco weenie, safety maven Naderites for some 45? years now,

much to the detriment of this country.....

can anyone name ONE thing they been correct about....???

NO, not in the long run....the very MILDEST damage they do is increase funding for lawyers and the penchant for obtusely obfuscating the obvious to the oblivious.....

Sorry, but when reading this enviro crap for so long, and finding out the truth about things.....I just have to laugh at the nitwits buying into that crap...

Gene,
I propose an experiment to prove your point. Drain your radiator, place in a bowl, and give it to your wifes cat. Get back to us with the results.

Instead of torturing the cat why dont you drink it Gene and get back to us and let us know how you are doing.

I know glycol is poisonous but washed down a storm drain, it combines with 50 billion parts per atom not an issue....

besides it came from earth in some form anyway.....

:thumbs:

I know glycol is poisonous but washed down a storm drain, it combines with 50 billion parts per atom not an issue....

Plaese state the source of your facts.

Plaese state the source of your facts.

Everything came from earth.....not Mars, for christsakes....maybe a few moon stones.....

so when the glycol goes into the river, how much glycol?? already cut 60-60 with a gallon or two of water.....

and how much water is in say the St. Johns river?? 3/5 miles wide nearby, deep enough for ocean vessels....used to have destroyers docking upstream, south of us....this river flows from south to north....only one in NA, I think....

so how much water is in that stream??

Glycol probably some distillate from plants, it's a form of alky haul afterall....

:crap:

you are more concerned for yellow tailed snail darters than getting electric power....I think all eco weenies need have their lights truned out, while the rest of the world marches ON with technology....

:yahoo::harhar:

can anyone name ONE thing they been correct about....???

Ever hear of Chernoble?

Talk about electric power, ever hear of acid rain? Remember that nice drive you took through the Smoke Mountains? You enjoyed it, didn't you? Well, someday your great grandchildren may not get that chance. No, I have no clue what to do about it and I'm not going to stop driving my vette. But, when you CAN do something to help the ecosystem, you should. Properly dispose of your auto chemicals.

"Acid rain (or acid deposition, as it's called in technical circles) is produced by the burning of fossil fuels. It is formed when emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides react in the atmosphere with water, oxygen and oxidants to form various acidic compounds. These compounds then fall to the ground in either wet or dry form.

Acid rain acidifies lakes and streams and contributes to damage of trees at high elevations. (Check out Mount Mitchell in North Carolina if you want a graphic example of tree damage.) Hundreds of lakes in the Adirondacks have become too acidic to support sensitive fish species. In addition, acid rain accelerates the decay of paints and buildings.

Electric power plants account for about 70 percent of sulfur dioxide emissions about 30 percent of nitrogen oxides emissions. Cars, trucks and buses also are major sources of nitrogen oxides. "

Gene,
The have found "Fire Retardant" in Polar Bear blood samples. How many PPM all over the earth you suppose that took? It all adds up. And no, we don't mine it. WE make it. It's not natural.
How's the cat doing?:search:

Been proven that 95+% of 'acid rain' comes from forests and trees as a natural occurance....

and I think it's amazing they can find 'fire retardent' in Polar bears.....

one part per billion or some such.....great to be able to sense that sort of stuff....

now prove it harms the bears somehow.....

besides it's been proven that ONE decent size volcano spews more of the same crap as the whole of mankind burning shit, in ONE eruption....

'toxic' fumes of burning most anything, including oil, most likely, coal, anything else of this earth....

drilling the oceans just relieves the pressures forcing out tankers full of oil/gas from the sea floors as a natural occurrence......
same as it does in the Permian Basin....ever drive there, Midland/Odessa out I 10 from Dallas to El Paso??? the gas escaping, and oil oosing is natural....same as it does in sandland....

the smell is just like a natural gas line, combined with old crank case drippings.....

HEY, guys, I USED to believe lots of this enviro crap, then I started learning, and the more I learn, the more their positions become untenable....

:shocking:

I say dont torture the cat Gene you drink it and report back to us on how you are doing,and if you think diluting it will save your life then drink a bunch of water with it too.

And the contents of antifreeze are man made.

Why don't you drink it smartass???

bet there is more than one part per billion in our bodies too....so what??? prove it's killing/altering us somehow.....

:beer: