New VetteMOD Forum!

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
In the short time that that VetteMOD has existed, I have been really impressed with the knowledge that the members have as a group. This includes other cars, Fords, Mopars, imports, new and old. Got a question about your Mustang? I'll bet somebody here knows the answer.

So let's hear about 'em!

Once I finish the 71 I'll be starting on a resto on a 51 Ford F-1 with the original flathead. I plan on trying to buid a peirod correct hop up with the exception of a 5 speed conversion.

Once I finish the 71 I'll be starting on a resto on a 51 Ford F-1 with the original flathead. I plan on trying to buid a peirod correct hop up with the exception of a 5 speed conversion.

A 5-speed flathead! Can't wait to see it.

Old Ford hotrods....mammories are made of them....

'57 or so?? a guy had a much newer V8 in a 30's Ford coupe.....I used to help him work on it just around the block....another guy moved in from Oregon, brought his '49 Ford lowered, chopped, channeled, and louvered......
sanitary de chrome....Moon hubcaps.....I was like 10-13 y/o.....

Decades later a fellow I knew up north....he was a Navy ME civilian making drones....like we kill terrorists with today....he had a '35 Ford rumble seat convertible....V8 club regional winner.....

I kept saying to build a hotrod....he took a bath when it came to sell it....could have made GOOD money had it been a hotrod at that time....

thing is....as a resto, really old cars tend to fall in value as the guys wanting one die off or don't care....

where as hotrods tend to bring back memories of guys from their hotrod days....so the market is NOW greater.....

which is why Vettes are hot now....

:loveletter:

A 5-speed flathead! Can't wait to see it.

there's a company that makes the bell housing conversion useing a 5 spd from a s-10. Haven't decided on the induction yet; carbs, blower of FI. My grandfather bought this truck back in 53 then gave it to me when I was 16. It's not about building a fast truck (about 4700lb), it more about the cool factor. Pretty hard to make a tank fast with a flathead.