Haven't a clue as to what the Black Mastic Crap is? Is the chin spoiler fiberglass - or urethane? If Fiberglass - you'd just make sure you prepped it first (put that in your plans). ANd press on as you said. If you want it real smooth could vacuum the stuff in place. BUT - since you wouldn't need the added weight (small) and agrivation of doing the work (unless you like that sort of thing) - you could consider the black Carbon Vinyl products out there - ok maybe a ricer style - but for the effort quick and easy. Besides, working with carbon can be a nightmare if not done right/well:
1. When you sand -- BE CAREFUL - you just created a HAZMAT site. The stuff will get everywhere - so wetsand and capture the slurry.
2. Dont cut the finished product unless wet for the same reason.
3. Don't get stuck with it either painful and hard to locate the slivers.
4. Use Epoxy or Vinylester only -- not polyester resin
5. Since its Epoxy - yes a clear UV coat is required.
6. I'd use a vacuum set up to make it as flat as possible and ensure adhesion.
Holding in place? Use 3m Super 77 spray adhesive! Works real good.
Just a few thoughts = having mess about with it a bit.
Cheers , Jim
Google and Join the Werksberg forum if really interested (if still online out there)
Rebuilder's Zen Saying:
One thought leads to another. If these thoughts link into a chain we become bound to the project. This bondage is subtle and remains until we complete the tasks -- or, STOP Thinking
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]