Plastic Fantastic 2

Nice progress. They make a roll-over valve for the vent (I can't tell if you have one already).

Just a somewhat related comment, I see Duntov just posted pics of a c3 they did with front and rear c5 suspension. Unfortunately, no details.

it does have the ball in the valve - problem is (because it's the breather) dust gets into the tank along with getting a gas smell as the liquid expands and contract with temp. This doesn't eliminate it, but it actually helps....

In my camaro, I plumbed it back to the rear bumper with SS overbraid and put a filter on it. Trying to minimize the fumes/danger. I left the check valve on the tank

Edit: reread your post and modified my reply.

Last edited:
For those wondering what next....
- finish bolting down the body
- finish the cooling system
- make it run (wire the EFI, etc)
- give it a test run - yes before doors, or anything is back on the car

There is no way Hot Rod Garage beats me to the street or to done....

this will take more then a little planning
A8X4IUeh.jpg

it needs to move forward an inch
GoJA85oh.jpg

​​​​​​​more thinking.....

Might be better just to stretch the wheel well. Slide the front half of the fender flare forward and finesse the gap.

I looks good on drag cars (rear) if done right.

Wide tires and tight turns more room is better.

this isn't hard to fix. strips of aluminum as backing strip glued to the fiberglass and move it forward then glass it back in.... and I have thought about sliding the body forward but let's not forget, I've already spent countless hours making those right....

so here's the mistake, I assumed the wheel opening was in the same place (as measured from the door frame) on the aftermarket flares as it was on the Corvette.edited It isn't, the rears are but the fronts are not - and if you look closely, you'll see the wheel opening is not round.... so I get to 'fix' it.edited And yes, they are aftermarket flares and if you look back, I'm sure I say who they are when I was less annoyed with them - but at this point, here's my recommendation.... don't buy them, there are far better options available for the same money.

time to shim the body
oiHvzm3h.jpg

the more I look at this, the more I think the shims are more of a problem then a solution.edited When I put the body back on the frame I put the stock shims back in place....edited

last thing I did today was pick up some 2013 grand sport tires/wheels...edited
2x1WBcBh.jpg
I need to get different pads (without the weights - or cut them off)
t3nby7Ph.jpg
only my camera could make a 335/30 19 tire look narrow..
VgeV0voh.jpg

this is sitting on the ground so I could drop the car down an inch or so
​​​​​​​RqAaPr8h.jpg

These ears - are the problem.edited I think they're a GM demanded anti-squeal or anti-chatter device.edited All replacements I've seen do not have them on it
DaXnv8Gh.jpg
OPYE701h.jpg
chop em off
mzikBBkh.jpg
and voila 18s fit
1yqrLeAh.jpg
fat bottom vettes make the rocking world go round
vkI5JQQh.jpg
U8oqYvDh.jpg
and it clears.. no need to move the flares
2x1WBcBh.jpg
​​​​​​​RqAaPr8h.jpg

shuffled cars, figured I'd snap a shot of it outside
Pug1jhuh.jpg

​​​​​​​my goal this weekend is do burnouts with it.... lots on the list, but it's doable....

An open header, no door, big block Vette burnout would be quite an experience. Shoot some video, or at least find a local car show and charge admission for a wild ride! If I was close by I'd hop in line for that!:1st:

Any local Autocross you can go raise some eyes at? Videos and sound please!!!

Cheers - Jim

BTW - no progress for me -- been stuck in the bilge pulling 30 years of accumulated wire and crap to prep the sailboat for sale. Then prep and paint the decks. AGRGGH me Matey - keep on course!! ! ;)

didn't get a lot done on this today - but got started with a cooling mod
CZbXgFRh.jpg
40VnXV0h.jpg
kyrF6gih.jpg
see the problem?
6FH2flth.jpg
​​​​​​​UdHO4Wyh.jpg
I need to close this gap up a bit, but ultimately I'll simply move the intake up and put a shade on the top so it draws first from the bottom...
N1Rkvj1h.jpg
it does look good
90xTgkZh.jpg

empty box is good
TqwfCpdh.jpg
yeah not so much.... the list was right, just didn't have enough sub-parts
SNxUtDph.jpg
the biggest one....edited
​​​​​​​GDTULZVh.jpg

Not a rant - simply wondering if anyone else is dealing with this.

I have a Miller Elite helmet I bought early 2014. It has worked as expected since new, but recently the dimming function seems to be possessed. My first thought was battery, and I replaced it, that helped but it still either doesn't dim or dims then doesn't come back to see-through. Replaced the battery again, replaced the protective lens, dusted (gently) the lens and sensors... no joy. Anyone else dealing with this? I've reached out to Miller but probably won't hear back for at least a couple days.... are sensors a wear item? I would hope that replacing $400 helmets every 5 years is not the answer.... of course, if it is.... what do you like? this helmet is starting to wear on the pivots so I won't be terribly upset to give it a full update (I like that it doesn't fog easily).