C4 SolidWorks models

zr6sbc

Hello. Building a GT40 around C7 suspension components and have been searching for 3D suspension models. Some google searches led me here but alas no models:(. It would be so convenient to have access, say through SEMA, to the GM models. Looks like I might have to cartoonishly model them.

What seems like forever ago, I built a TR6 with C4 components. Had an archive of rough C4 3D models and dropped them in the download section for others to use. Looks like they need to be reviewed by admin before they are available.

Thanks for the C4 details drop!

I believe there are C5/6 models there. If not - I'll check I have the ones I did/used before:
12695265be79347ef.jpg

My C7 uprights are at the machine shop. Getting modified, reamed for bigger balljoints, and a plug for the upper to be resized too. I did a very quick visual comparison between my C5/6 and my new C7s and except for the casting, the control points were all pretty damn close. I will know more when I get them back. (week or so - they are really backed-up)

BTW you do know that GM is now using all SKF bearings on the C7? Cheap as chips at Rock Auto, and you can get a front bearing now too.

How did the TR work out with the C4 business? There must be some great pics to share there - fingers crossed.

If the GT40 will have 'vette uprights, what engine/transmission setup?
Have you seen the modules that someone is producing in Tennessee (I think)? Makes that rear end a complete plug and play uses an LS and Porsche transaxle. Great if the cash is available.

I'll go check shortly and load if required.

Cheers - Jim

Just checked - it's there under AutoCad:
Corvette C5 Rear Spindle and Hubs : Step Model corvette c5 rear and hubs & rotors (390.7 KB)​

BTW - Welcome aboard!

Cheers- Jim

Last edited:
Here are a few TR6 photos. As an onlooker once said, you can't fit a soup can in that thing. That was before I shoe horned in a dry sump system. Car is a hoot but doesn't have ideal suspension geometry.

Attachments

• TR6_99_02.jpg
    TR6_99_02.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 16
  • TR6-ThumbnailAndFront.jpg
    TR6-ThumbnailAndFront.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for sharing your model.

I was surprised how economical the C7 suspension components are. Ordered them online, including the bearings hubs, from a east coast GM dealership.

I roughly measured the C7 parts compared with C5/C6. Some items look the same (upper front A arms), others are slightly different. The knuckles have different pickup points.

Many folks use the Graziano transaxle from a Audi R8 or Lamborghini. I'm hopeful the up and coming C8 will have a more cost effective solution. Assuming GM will sell a DCT controller.

Here are a few TR6 photos. As an onlooker once said, you can't fit a soup can in that thing. That was before I shoe horned in a dry sump system. Car is a hoot but doesn't have ideal suspension geometry.

Great job on the Triumph. Like to see more info about it. I had a 69 when I was in college.

BTW, your files have been approved.