verify thread pitch
fwimeVhh.jpg

cut and threadedited
vtGR5j9h.jpg
1Pj4w9Ch.jpg
e0yGTcjh.jpg

verify distance
Viu8Gq5h.jpg
I've had this Corvette style MC forever, it has the right internals, but the thread pitch is completely wrong for anything I've had before... more likely it will continue to be a test part... but it's nice to have one to check before I buy.

other end, using the right master cylinder
QvTAQ3Mh.jpg

not the right one
wHtycnbh.jpg
pBc3kVSh.jpg

Where (which vehicle) did your Hydraboost come from? I'm thinking I need the same thing for low vacuum and valve cover clearance issues. There are several vehicles to choose to rob one from and new ones aren't too bad at Rock Auto. Just want to get an easy one to swap in. Looks like you've got it covered. :)

the secret to hydroboost is there are 2 sizes - this is the smaller one and IIRC it's from either an Astro van or something similar... it's chief attractor was it was cheap (think about $100 on Amazon)....

a break from Corvette brakes

a box
qP3VNPkh.jpg

with bits
UudWfESh.jpg

my table arrived!!!!
sTFLwpwh.jpg

must assemble NOW
lIBlybYh.jpg
EdQTa7ih.jpg
cpu2Cuhh.jpg
pwOgzlJh.jpg
this thing is really well designed - and goes together pretty easily if you watch the videos
2 hours of unpacking and assembly and here it is
cBg1I7dh.jpg

I still don't know what computer I'm going to use or even which plasma... I'm sure I'll try the TD but that hunk of utter crap will be lucky if I don't throw it through a shop window... and there aren't windows in the shop... backing down to more sane, its problem is the gun and it's either the machining in the torch or the trigger - I really doubt it's the trigger, but this table allows me to bypass the switch and it'll quickly tell me what's up.edited I'll detail my troubles with Thermal Dynamics later, but for now, really impressed with this table

I didn't get much done today, but a bit did get accomplished
like making a hole bigger
R1v0tqYh.jpg

ground on this then painted it
qGB4I9eh.jpg

goal here was to set the height of shelft
SX716Q1h.jpg

once I finish the booster, I'm pulling the body off again to glass the shelf, the inner wheel wells, and the inner fenders, then, of course, plumb the frame.edited Hopefully when done with that list the body goes on for permanent

oh what a pain this is....edited
Bqcpjhuh.jpg

necessary tools to install
m9XEK09h.jpg

necessary tools for the brake, clip clip
J0Ep45hh.jpg

this one was the hero of the evening
8GviMmIh.jpg

installeded
​​​​​​​rN0gS0sh.jpg

That definitely frees up some space above the valve cover which I am in desperate need of. Thanks for showing the way and for making it WAY cheaper than the prepackaged conversion kits you find at the usual vendors.

I looked back on my Amazon purchases, I paid $99 for it... one thing to keep in mind, all the bolts are metric - which can cause some issue on the top, passenger-side bolt (I pushed the stud a bit out from center and it worked). In retrospect, I think I may either replace the studs with SAE or figure some way to run the bolts out from the brake tree and put the nuts in the engine compartment....

as an aside, I posted just this bit on Facebook - oh good grief.... I got lectured about how I should have turned the booster upside down so it'll look better. :bonkers:
for one, that someone thinks I give a flying unicorn about form is pretty amazing... but second, why would I put the hoses down by the exhaust manifold? or potentially have air-leak issues because it drains down? some people's children these days :tth:

When the armchair quarterbacks have won a Superbowl, *maybe* their opinions will be vaild. Until then it cal fall on deaf ears. The thing I love most about this site is the creativity and the fact that we're all here to learn from each other, not nit pick. Once I get a good head of steam going on mine, I'll start my own build thread. You'll see it here, not likely on CF...

back to this....edited
HkomyJDh.jpg
up we go
crP7Oxxh.jpg
fix the tank bracket

so780yHh.jpg
set the FI tech on
zqVgbz5h.jpg
and now spend a lot of time sitting and staring at the tank with all the fittings I have to come up with a plan
T9n4uEOh.jpg
like I said
rOC3DsOh.jpg
​​​​​​​

When the armchair quarterbacks have won a Superbowl, *maybe* their opinions will be vaild. Until then it cal fall on deaf ears. The thing I love most about this site is the creativity and the fact that we're all here to learn from each other, not nit pick. Once I get a good head of steam going on mine, I'll start my own build thread. You'll see it here, not likely on CF...

I agree with the bolded above. :thumbs:

my only hope is to raise their blood pressure, today's washers should adequately do it :devil:
more fitting - seems I got a bit generous with the motor mount
plMZkqdh.jpg

chop chop
1n7jhHuh.jpg

close, time to tilt the motor
6Jc1GKeh.jpg

better
RuWfSsjh.jpg
KckmMhnh.jpg
OMG washers :)
vqQa2Hwh.jpg

and brake lines
r6R5bH5h.jpg

random land cruiser pic....edited
​​​​​​​yvGEMiOh.jpg

Wow, can't wait for driving impressions. A ways to go, but so many upgrades.