Ball joint choices.

Kev'C3

Hi,I all are well and having fun working or driving their Vettes. Has one used QA1 ball joints 1210-103 as oppose Howe ball joints 22301? And what is your preference? Looking for ball joints to use with SPC control arms 92740. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks!:huh:

The QA1 joints look like nice parts. Extending the stud sort of seems like it might be a problem but you would see complaints if it were. The Howe stuff has a good reputation but not sure they make the rebuildable type

My car has spc upper arms and tall Howe ball joints. Works great, best/easiest alignment after change.

Do a search, the tall Howe ball joints improve steering geom. on c3's with oem spindles.

My car has spc upper arms and tall Howe ball joints. Works great, best/easiest alignment after change.

Do a search, the tall Howe ball joints improve steering geom. on c3's with oem spindles.

Heard of them over 'there'....and AS I RECALL, the bolt pattern means the upper arm needs drilled, but the longer stem raises the arm....but I totally lost as to what that does to help the handling....I MAY go furr a set of them when time comes.....are they USA made?? or China??

One thing, spc a-arms need a travel limiter.

Does your wheel contact the SPC upper arms? My friend had that issue on his Camaro. I talked to the originator of the SPC arms, and I purchased the top plate that takes the Howe nascar/mopar style taller upper ball joint. The nascar ball joint threads into a narrower top plate, instead of using the wider ball joint that has a 3 or 4 bolt flange.

Rick

Does your wheel contact the SPC upper arms? My friend had that issue on his Camaro. I talked to the originator of the SPC arms, and I purchased the top plate that takes the Howe nascar/mopar style taller upper ball joint. The nascar ball joint threads into a narrower top plate, instead of using the wider ball joint that has a 3 or 4 bolt flange.

Rick

No wheel contact, but I have 3" bs.