SERPETINE PULLY CONVERSION

It bolted right on to my Gen 1 SBC. I had to get the right water pump and serpentine belt after I removed the smog pump.

That's great, is there a specific year I should be looking for? any details will help. I plan on going to the salvage yard to look for the parts. I assume you purchased a new altenator, air unit? what about the power steering set up?

I upgraded to a CS144 alternator, which required a cradle that GM no longer sells, but it may be available with a bit of searching. A CS130 will drop right in. Air conditioning has to be upgraded to the newer "pancake" style compressor. Power steering was redone with a rebuilt pump with serpentine pulley in my old reservoir.

I have no idea what year my parts came out of. They're all pretty much the same, I think. You want the short brackets with everything mounted in the original Corvette positions.

I found a link on Corvette forum concerning this topic that seemed easy to follow but I need more information before I try it. I would love a step by step instruction with part numbers etc because I dont have much money trying things that may not work for me. I read enough comments from others that needed to make modifications. the part that scares me, are comments like underdrive pullys or drilling holes in the head to add a bolt to secure a bracket is not an easy task. at least for me. If you guys look at this link, I am sure it will make sense to you. I saved the link to revisit after I complete my barn which will give me the space to spread out. Hopefully once I get into the mods, they will make more sense to me. here is the link.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/3976425-pulleys-where-t

Last edited:
Steve, I have the early 90's truck setup on my BB. That comes with no smog pump so you don't have issues with A-arm clearance. You will need to go to electric radiator fans.

Do you have AC and power steering?

The truck setup will fit.

I had to build a body lift to roll the chassis under the body. Just got that done last week. Now its too cold!

Working on the serpentine drive set up and I decided to go ahead and get the electric fan system too. I purchased the DeWitt set up and it installed pretty easy. I had to shift the system towards the passenger side about 2.25".I'll wire it up as soon as I get the serpentine drive installed.

thum_36245c871594d22d7.jpg

thum_36245c8715b8bcbca.jpg

thum_36245c8715dc79b2a.jpg

thum_36245c87161c4f5ca.jpg

thum_36245c8716344d9b7.jpg

thum_36245c871685972b8.jpg

thum_36245c87169a3a9e2.jpg

Last edited:
They are a custom bracket that bolts in front of the water pump. The kit came with 4 spacers to space it out so the accessories bolt to the bracket. I took pictures of it as I was assembling it. I'll try to post it soon.

Black SBC Front Serpentine Pulley Drive System. Cost $985.00 with free shipping.

The pulleys and brackets are CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum.
SBS Serpentine System Includes:
-6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Main Mounting Brackets
-Black SD7 Compressor
-Black GM Type 2 Power Steering Pump
-Black Aluminum Water Pump
-Black 160 Amp 1-Wire Alternator
-Black Compressor Clutch Cover
-Hardware
-Black 6061-T6 Crankshaft Pulley
-Black 6061-T6 Water Pump Pulley
-Black 6061-T6 Power Steering Pump Pulley
-Serpentine Drive Belt -Tensioner

FITMENT CHEVROLET SMALL BLOCK V8 GEN. I 4.3 L / 262 in3 4.3 L / 265 in3 4.4 L / 267 in3 4.6 L / 283 in3 4.9 L / 302 in3 5.0 L / 305 in3 5.0 L / 307 in3 5.4 L / 327 in3 5.7 L / 350 in3 6.6 L / 400 in3

thum_36245c89b808c2e6b.jpg
thum_36245c89b834ac2c1.jpg

Last edited:
So everything mounts to the the plate and then the plate mounts to the engine via the 4 water pump mounting bolts? I could do something like this for my tall deck big block. Most of the kits out there reference off the lower mounting holes on the block, water pump bolts, and then the front of the cylinder heads. In my application that's no good. I'll have to start gathering components and I could have a plate waterjetted out in similar fashion to yours. Thanks for the detailed photos, I like the setup.

Yes that is correct. One main bracket that uses the 4 bolts to the water pump, the spacers pull out the bracket so the accessories bolt directly to the bracket. Very clean installation. I feel the $$$ was worth it with all I got...

That price is less than half what all the competitors are selling for. I must have missed where you found this gem. Maybe they make one for the big block too?