Can Anyone ID These Braces?

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
Not sure what these are. I found these in a bag while cleaning up. Maybe not even from a Corvette

458136e7ee7d2f.jpg

Not sure what these are. I found these in a bag while cleaning up. Maybe not even from a Corvette

458136e7ee7d2f.jpg

The round long braces sure look like the supports going from say steering column and down to kick panel and trans hump....essentially same on other side.....

the flat ones...I dunno......:shocking: But I wonder if maybe they associated with a trans cross member/trans mounting??? they look greasy and of course the rusty one in the middle.....still no clue from me.....

Last edited:
Just going by memory, but the two or three on the left look like bumper braces.

That's it. The 3 flat steel brackets are front bumper mounts. Two of the 4 rods could be rear bumper support rods?

I think your right, they look like front and rear chrome bumper supports. Look them up in someone's parts catalog and compare

Years ago, I eliminated a stupid support rod going from center of my front bumper on the '72......to of all places the lower radiator support, so a slight tap in front stood a good chance to take out the radiator support and make the car not drivable.....should have been tied to the boomerang shaped bolt on cross support .....It's been off my car for some 20 years now....:clobbered:

Was digging through a box looking for some stuff over the weekend and found a couple brackets that look like the two on the left. I believe those are the two brackets that bolt to the bottom of the vertical chrome pieces on each side of the front license plate, and anchored underneath the car to the crossmember under the radiator.

I went back to a standard starter, the big heavy one....and upon seeing the mount that fits on the rear of the starter.....and goes to the engine block it's a bent L shape thing....I decided to scratch around in the junk drawers, untouched for decades except for a nut/bolt search once in a while, and right up to there, all proud and proper was the exact mount bracket I need......

go figger......wish I could say that about most of the junk pile......:bonkers::pprrtt:

I agree with the flat bracket descriptions
Third one extends off the front frame extension and hold the front bumper

The first two look like they are for the lower bumperettes from the crossmember

The rods are not as familiar, two short for the center bumper support, kind of look like the rear bumper rods, going down to the bumper tails but don't really as thick as they should be.
The bent one, if it's supposed to be bent, might be either something to do with the AC or one of the added dash supports for verts
M