Plastic Fantastic 2

Thanks Heaps!:thumbs:

I was pretty sure you'd have those insights and thanks for sharing them. Mike (69427) has packaged some good brakes under the 15" wheels so listening there too.

Thanks again. When I get something solved - I'll be updating the BNuild Thread.

Cheers - Jim

glad to help, good luck

I learned something... I'll share. This is not a complaint - simply knowledge so that you can make informed decisions on suppliers.

I ordered parts from an ebay vendor who claimed the part was in stock and ready to ship.
It wasn't, matter of fact, after 2 weeks of waiting, I sent an email to them saying "whatzup"
They responded with "oh, that's out of stock, did we not mention this to you? our bad" they then opined that it might be in stock in 1-2 weeks (now their ad says 3 weeks from today).
I responded that they had a more expensive part (an additional feature) and I needed the part now - so I'd pay the difference I just need it now.*
No response.
Finally the last day for them to deliver passes. I ask for a refund.
Crickets.
Send a note to Ebay....

okay so here is the warning point....

Ebay makes you wait another week before they will intervene... if they do, it's another week to get a refund through them.

If you can wait or if the deal is awesome - fantastic, however, that fine print may cause you to need to look at other options.

Again, not complaining - I'm certain that neither the vendor or ebay wish to have an annoyed customer.

*sidenote to vendors - if you're sending a 'whoops' or 'don't have' email, offer a refund because it's not going to get better from here.

and then I had a few minutes to work on this
T8iK6dXh.jpg
v0WP3oPh.jpg
sleeved the inlet so the hose fitsedited
1AhlCYjh.jpg
and there we go
dYqmt8Dh.jpg
next up....
​​​​​​​VMaCPTNh.jpg

so this is happening... maybe... I may have messed up the threads so made more work for myself
8Ayh2lB.jpg

anyway, I pushed it off to the side for a moment because I'm not having luck finding a 2 into 1 brake line T.edited I need 1/4" line flared into 2 3/16" line fitting.... all I've found is either soft line (regular thread not pipe thread) into 2 3/16 flare fittings.... I could machine it, but in a last ditch effort, I figured I'd ask here.... part number and/or link would be cool ... thx.

Once the fitting is found, I can finish the brake lines and get the body back onto the chassis then push to the end.... but for now, I'm stumped.

I have had good success in finding non standard brake line fittings at pegasusautoracing.com I called them once and they found an adapter that I couldn't find anywhere. Also, someone on here recommended clarksvillefastener.com and they seem to have a lot of unusual stuff and will even make something for you.

Jegs carries a lot made by Earl's.

I think I used a tee with equal ports and an adapter on one line. I don't see your combo.

Last edited:
I have a part coming next week, if that doesn't work - I'll build one, this is getting ridiculous. I need this car to run and seriously this is the last part that I need to make that happen.

Wish I was that close! Getting the steering sorted out. Not to mention setting up the front brakes with C7 uprights and 15 inch wheels is a treat for the problem solving and CAD systems!

Need to take/post some pics - but my bank here is full - or won't load more. Thread without pics is no good. :(

Any clues - anybody?

Cheers - Jim

Wish I was that close! Getting the steering sorted out. Not to mention setting up the front brakes with C7 uprights and 15 inch wheels is a treat for the problem solving and CAD systems!

Need to take/post some pics - but my bank here is full - or won't load more. Thread without pics is no good. :(

Any clues - anybody?

Cheers - Jim

I use Imgur mostly because it's about the only one that you simply click the right link and post it in the blog post. The only cautions are: it uploads slowly, and unless you post them as "large thumbnails" - it will slow down the blog site ....

qGUDrPth.jpg

so it's back in place.edited Hot Rod Garage is doing a BBC, 4 speed, flared, conversion to metal bumper C3 ... the cynic in me wonders wherever they got such an odd idea... that said, I'm going to make this run next.edited I have all the brake stuff and while it won't even be done I am going to bolt the body to the frame and make this run.... with no doors, figure if I can inspire them then I'll take a page from their book too and just make it go.... Sunday is my goal.... :)

while I was waiting for parts, I spent some quality time on this.... it looks identical to before but now everything under it is new along with a 12 bolt
D2posEnh.jpg

and before you wonder... Lucky (of HRG fame) is doing a wagon too with a Malibu... thankfully mine will be 100% cooler because GNX motor.... :amused:

and I need to be crystal clear - I'm in no way upset or flattered either... I blog to inspire others and people following my path with their own version is pretty darn cool.

back to brake lines
first was replace the boogered fitting
P5GWjqFh.jpg
then drill the T out so that it's 1/4 3/16 3/16
V6KJXsAh.jpg
then put the wrong fitting on the next line
dpilcpMh.jpg
but now, 4 lines of brake
RkJmRnLh.jpg

tighten it up, fix one body mount then put the body on forever
Qt26sqOh.jpg

This 80 degree weather is killing me
tank vent
oFaHSWmh.jpg
something like this
nLKdtYMh.jpg

but alas, must weld
ah ha, that's where I put that Iron welding rod
3gaaJJBh.jpg

X6PyisQh.jpg
RdeG1Jch.jpg
zPlKEAah.jpg
and finish brake lines
toyzXPah.jpg

and rebuild rack
NNYZ3PMh.jpg
EOeOUNLh.jpg
VudfNEGh.jpg
DfpGch6h.jpg

Nice progress. They make a roll-over valve for the vent (I can't tell if you have one already).

Just a somewhat related comment, I see Duntov just posted pics of a c3 they did with front and rear c5 suspension. Unfortunately, no details.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the Duntov pics - looked, but no joy (hint-hint).
BUT, they're going to have to go an extra mile to look better than this effort! :clap:

Cheers - Jim

BUT, they're going to have to go an extra mile to look better than this effort! :clap:

Cheers - Jim

Yeah, the Camaro rear swap was priced right and Superbuickguy installed it nicely. Too bad the price jumped once word got out. :)

Do you have Facebook? Just follow Duntov. Unfortunately, the photo they show has no chassis details, just a finished car. If I find more I'll let you know.

Nice progress. They make a roll-over valve for the vent (I can't tell if you have one already).

Just a somewhat related comment, I see Duntov just posted pics of a c3 they did with front and rear c5 suspension. Unfortunately, no details.

it does have the ball in the valve - problem is (because it's the breather) dust gets into the tank along with getting a gas smell as the liquid expands and contract with temp. This doesn't eliminate it, but it actually helps....

Cheers - Jim

Cheers - Jim

Yeah, the Camaro rear swap was priced right and Superbuickguy installed it nicely. Too bad the price jumped once word got out. :)

Do you have Facebook? Just follow Duntov. Unfortunately, the photo they show has no chassis details, just a finished car. If I find more I'll let you know.

I wonder who came first - there was someone in Europe (maybe Russia) who did a full C5 suspension in a C3, he reached out to me on CF and gave me the dimensions of a stock C5 frame (that is attached here). I dismissed the C5 idea because early on someone (CF again) said there wasn't enough room behind the seats to put the C5 trans in place... that isn't true... however, even knowing that now - the Camaro suspension came after the C5 suspension and was made with what they learned from the Corvette racing program.... my hypothesis continues to be this will outhandle the C5 based upon the development and what Motor Trend said about the Camaro v. Corvette suspension... but who knows, it's bench racing now and a great deal of this will be tuning once complete - something I may hand of to people with far more racing talent and experience then what I possess...

and to close this loop - once that is done, the frame may be available to purchase from a company who manufacturers frames and be competitive with the other options (price-wise)

Last edited:
Evaporust a nut and cage
WqKSF6Sh.jpg

and fill the rear with oil
wVUuaVZh.jpg
which wasn't a lot of fun - but was quite messy
​​​​​​​

thread cleaners arrived (and got used)
721Cxzlh.jpg

now I can put this together forever
I took advantage of the body off one last time to put the sidepipe headers on
1cQL8SRh.jpg
zG3xjySh.jpg

starting the bolt down process.... all the bolts are loosely in place, I'll build stands then shim and tighten it down
​​​​​​​qB4eiIFh.jpg