71 Firebird Project

Back in the early 70's the W30 455 Olds ruled D/S and D/SA or/or E/S and E/SA racing .

If my memory is correct, 1970 W30's in E/SA ran 11.1's in NHRA legal trim.

I wish I still had mine .

Back in the early 70's the W30 455 Olds ruled D/S and D/SA or/or E/S and E/SA racing .

I doubt the 455 in mine will do 11's (yet), but even with 12" wide rubber out back it dosn't hook up for sh&t.

Back around '90 for a year there, a guy with a '79 Hurst Olds, visited junkyards looki8ng for aluminum body parts, found a ton of them, hoods, fenders? bumpers? and so put it on that '79....I think they came from the diesel cars....anyway he had a Olds 455 in that, all set up nice, and he got me to putting FI on my cars, because he had a aftermarket FI setup on the Olds....ran smooth as hell....so I junkyarded a caddy system for my Lemans/GTO convertible....got it welded up and ran like a charm for years....
He rented the end door on my 3 car garage, so he could work indoors in winter....:sos:
:smash::clap::thumbs:

Been slowly colecting parts for my 473+ build;

Got these valve covers of the Bay for for $139

24x2ayx.jpg

Power steering and altenator brackets for $120

4j2q0n.jpg

Torker II of the Bay for $50 (the tape is cause I'm getting ready to blast it)

ivbgur.jpg

Eagle 4.25 stroker crank, cost me $35 thanks to all the Summit gift cards my family gave me for Christmas

16qrrs.jpg

Valley pan $40 of craigslist

qnjp91.jpg

Main studs $70 the Bay

2v9dmhl.jpg

Edelbrock quite gear drive $125 on th eBay

9room1.jpg

Eagle H beam BB Chevy rods (don't tell anyone) $360

72fwhf.jpg