What a mess

kwplot34

Heart Attack
are you guy's sure this will buff out,because if does not come out looking as good or better than right after i painted it, "HEADS ARE GONNA ROLE"

:rofl::rofl:

actually i already buffed out a small area on the hood and it looks great,i am gonna get this mess outside tomorrow and give it a good bath,do some touch up and start that whole buffing mess :nuts:

38499e08eeb8460.jpg
38499e08f0bd2cd.jpg
38499e08f23e371.jpg
38499e08f40131d.jpg

It always looks nasty after wetsanding but 2000 grit buffs out relatively easy. Doesn't look like you had much orange peel at all.
Have fun buffing :smash:

Ok... let me get this straight.

1. You started out ugly.
2. You went to uglier.
3. You got REALLY UGLY!
4. You fixed ugly, and went to pretty.
5. Now you go back to UGLY again!!! :smash::rofl:

6. It's time to go back to PRETTY now!!!!:smash::rofl:

It will come out fine!

(I must re-emphasize: Be careful with the polisher, not too agressive, especially on the EDGES of the fenders, bumpers, any sharp corners!)

Last edited:
You are using 2000 grit right? Pics look a little rough to me for 2000. Well anyway take your time buffing. You are almost home! Compound, polish and finally the glaze.

Good Luck,
Danny

(I must re-emphasize: Be careful with the polisher, not too agressive, especially on the EDGES of the fenders, bumpers, any sharp corners!)

You can put tape on the edges to stop from cutting them if you not sure. Also buff away from the edges not into them. Keep it moving with a light mist of water or final detail spray and you will be fine.

Danny

1. You started out ugly.
2. You went to uglier.
3. You got REALLY UGLY!

It will come out fine!

I know man this is just so wrong to take a perfectly good paint job and scuff it up :suspicious: but i am ready to be done with this project and i do not want to see another piece of sand paper the rest of the year, still have to paint the head light bezels and the lower valance,those should be a walk in the park after this.

You are using 2000 grit right? Pics look a little rough to me for 2000. Well anyway take your time buffing. You are almost home! Compound, polish and finally the glaze.

Good Luck,
Danny

Yip used 2000 on the whole car,it does look rough in the pics probably because the car is a mess right now,it needs a good bath before i move on.
I was watching a video i found on the web last night and they showed a very good step by step process on buffing a new paint job,i can't remember the name of the place now but they are in St Louis MO its a car restoration place,pretty big place from the video.
I will take it nice and slow buffing like i did with the sanding,because it's always easier to go back and touch up and take more off than it is to put it back on.

1. You started out ugly.
2. You went to uglier.
3. You got REALLY UGLY!

Kev, you'll never get your car finished if you keep dating all these women :lol:

It will come out fine!

I second that - you'll burn through edges in a heart beat if you're not careful...

Well Wayne,i kept waiting for you to set me up with the sister-in-law so i had to venture out on my own.

And i will be careful with edges,trust me,i do not want to go back and do any touch up painting.:push:

I do need a new Avatar, I will have to think about it :idea: and come up with something real :shocking:
Hey MODS if i get some woman to pose nude on my car can i use one of the pics as my avatar :amused:

I hope she don't slip off of that nice new shinny paint job you did and sue ya.:lol:

Danny

:eek: Yea that would be bad,wouldn't it :push: maybe put a rubber mat under her so she won't slide off.

Got through the first round of buffing today,and then washed the car down,and now i am ready for the next round,it's starting to look good again,but Damm that sure is a lot of work :waxer:

So Kevin..... Is it shiny yet? :bounce:

In spots :rofl: I have not worked on it since Friday,had a busy weekend :D and just have not got back to it yet,i plan on getting it out tomorrow and see if can finish the buffing up :waxer:

In spots :rofl: I have not worked on it since Friday,had a busy weekend :D and just have not got back to it yet,i plan on getting it out tomorrow and see if can finish the buffing up :waxer:

Like I posted early, the longer you wait the harder it will be to buff because the paint is getting super hard. Don't wait too long, beside I think everyone is waiting to see how our tips we gave you and your hard work turnned out:1st:

Like I posted early, the longer you wait the harder it will be to buff because the paint is getting super hard. Don't wait too long, beside I think everyone is waiting to see how our tips we gave you and your hard work turnned out:1st:

I promise to get back to the buffing tomorrow,Friday i used the Med cut on the whole car and next is to finish with the glaze,i have part of the front finished and then wiped it down with some detailing spray,and i think everybody will be quite surprised.

My date Saturday ran into Sunday so i was a little busy :quote: and i needed some rest time today :amazed:
NOOOOOO get your minds out of the gutter,Sheeessshhh

It's getting closer to looking like a car again,finished with the buffing today and started cleaning the car up,what a mess it was,but she is nice ans clean again,started using a Haze and swirl remover tonight and :amazed: Damm is it looking good.I will post some more pics tomorrow when i am done.

3849a48e89ce1c4.jpg
3849a48e9395fba.jpg