My 76 project

that's awesome !!!!!!!

not so serious question: did you run out of money and can't afford mufflers ????

:lol:

Oh, I ran out of money a long time ago. :)
This started out to be a solid driver and totally got away from me. You know how it goes....
It will have side pipes on it sometime soon. Josh just wanted to put her on the road and see how everything works. Still a lot to do....

She made it home!
Josh pulled up about 11:30 one night and we unloaded it off of the trailer as quietly as possible. Needless to say my neighbors knew my vette was home.
cb7cc0c133a41e4e68a26885210910b2_zpse4a1482b.jpg

Josh got to the side pipes done and they turned out great. They are pretty loud, but not really that bad until you get on it.

7d68eae7c50936bd30f83da58f263ce8_zpsa1f5146b.jpg

There is a lot of work to do yet and I should be on the road this spring. I took it around the block a few times but without plates or brake lights a loud, bright orange vette is a ticket waiting to happen. I have to install vintage AC and wire everything inside and do a stereo. Then put the interior back in. (Ack)
I got the tail lights wired up last weekend and am happy with that. It is really difficult for a phone camera to show them apparently. Here they are though.
d14f7e8b0bfecdcb21dbd3407281d465_zpsd502949d.jpg

The halos are actually much better defined then is shown in the photo. When the brakes come on the center led lights up and the corvette script gets much more intense.

I am about to start putting all of the window hardware back in now.
I will post more when I have something to show for my work.

Lol. I wish. Actually, he helped me out so much on my build I gladly send business his way. It is the least I could do to return the favor, and I know he will take care of them.
So what fun stuff did you get?

Lol. I wish. Actually, he helped me out so much on my build I gladly send business his way. It is the least I could do to return the favor, and I know he will take care of them.
So what fun stuff did you get?

nose, flares - 2 & 4", tail panel

though I'm going with a BBC 427 to repower mine*

*it was some wreck, I need to repair the nose, the tail, add flares and change the motor

PB180008_zps4fc3b4cd.jpg

what you don't see is all the emotional damage that has to be covered up :waxer:

Wow. Sorry about damage to the car. I am sure your emotional damage, however, will be fixed when you have a flared bb vette. Can't wait to see that one!

Wow. Sorry about damage to the car. I am sure your emotional damage, however, will be fixed when you have a flared bb vette. Can't wait to see that one!

It was just a flesh wound, but one that I used to convince my wife that I needed to make those updates :yahoo:

quick update...
Still working on putting her back together. Almost done with wiring, then the interior goes back.

Here is the wiring test on the interior....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=317SjvsILIk[/ame]

More to come soon..... I hope.

Well good news. I finally got to take her out for a drive. I stopped in the park and took a couple of photos of her covered in dust.
The initial shake down has gone well. Got the speedo calibrated. I don't have the temp sending unit hooked up but can read the water temp on my iPod in the dash and it is staying around 192. I really need to get the weather stripping in so the doors stop rattling. Also fix the Telescoping wheel. It does not lock so when I get on the throttle, i wind up pulling the wheel back at me. Kind of a weird feeling :)
I hope to have her on the power tour in a few weeks, so I better get busy..

6e552cb7c926f41dbf04be15288921d8_zps696811f3.jpg

0a60f7a0ed6239375d42772541ab9e18_zps86fce60b.jpg

reviving an old thread to answer Brett's question about my current build :D it's almost prophetic what I am building.... what's interesting is it almost didn't happen because I have a 6.0 LS motor that is a couple turbos away from greatness... maybe that will be the next build :D (yes, I just commented that I'm building a car now and thinking about what's next ;) it's a sickness)