C6 Corvette Owners File Class Action Suit Over LS7 Engine

What is rong with the engines,?? valve stem messed up?? why, nature of fault?? bad design?? I have never worked on any LS engine, so dunno anything about them.....:crutches:

so they swallow a valve and looks like engine is toast by that site.....

Seems to me that fixing a valve is no big deal, normally.....

:suicide:

Are you actually reading this?

"A common check for valve guide wear is the so-called "wiggle test" that the lawsuit says GM initially used, but then discarded after determining that this method of testing would lead to costly repairs and investigations."

OK, GM had a test for a known problem, and stopped using it precisely because it was showing that problems existed.

Also, a dropped valve can do all sorts of fun things - like punch through a cylinder wall.

Holy CRAP!!! funny that the keepers and retainer look like any other car, and plenty of cars suffer worn guides....and not eat the whole mess up like that....looks like what happens to the Ford 2.0 single cam engine, #4 intake seat comes apart, and it's over for the engine....

But anyone any clue as to why/HOW the valve gets loose from the keepers??

Holy CRAP!!! funny that the keepers and retainer look like any other car, and plenty of cars suffer worn guides....and not eat the whole mess up like that....looks like what happens to the Ford 2.0 single cam engine, #4 intake seat comes apart, and it's over for the engine....

2006 and early 2007 had faulty welds on the hollow valves. My 2007 got a 2012 engine as a result.

2006 and early 2007 had faulty welds on the hollow valves. My 2007 got a 2012 engine as a result.

WTF?? a HOLLOW valve.....YGTBFKM....WATTTT is the point of THAT construction?? try to make it rev higher?? what dumb ass come up with THAT shit??? and too boot on the market?? and then to look at the pix above that valve looks intact from lip on bottom through toe head to being on top.....looks as if the retainers came off.....

Sorry guys, total mystery to ME, .....

:flash:

Search on "sodium filled valves z06."

At least they (Z06's) are holding their value on the the used car market. I'm guessing it is the aluminum frame.

Search on "sodium filled valves z06."

At least they (Z06's) are holding their value on the the used car market. I'm guessing it is the aluminum frame.

Please excuse my ignorance on the new stuff, I have a '72 and am totally happy.....it's nothing stock from wheels through roof you name it....it's modified.....

But years ago I had a Volvo 4 cyl boat, and it lacked power, I went to the junkyard and got a FI intake and wired up a 4 cyl Pontiac FI computer, picked up gobs of speed and torque and 3 prop sizes.....BUT

for this discussion, the X1 and X2 inputs demanded a sender off the crank....so I fabbed up an aluminum wrap over of aluminum, and so put on the LED/sensors with a hole in the pulley they looked through....lasted about 3 outings, then messed up badly, the aluminum shattered from the vibration....talked to an engineer I knew, he said aluminum is bad/sad news on vibration.....so rebuilt it with steel, lasted years.....

makes me wonder about aluminum for a street driver....hate the thought of that aluminum shattering from stresses on the steering.....etc....

just a comment and ??? to anyone....

:flash: