Plastic Fantastic 2

Simply an amazing build. I enjoyed the past 2 days looking through your progress. You offered me a solution to my incorrect radiator issue and the lower outlet hitting the sway bar. I also like those electronic actuator things you used on the headlights. I'm going to move away from everything vacuum and this looks like a better solution then those $600+ kits online.

don't really have a vacuum option outside of a pump - which has its own issues (it doesn't keep up well in heavy brake use)

no no the cough is bondo and fiberglassedited

sheesh, people are humorless these days

three spots left
0xLap4Rh.jpg

9foszg0h.jpg

7C84PVyh.jpg

one down
G5X4vtnh.jpg

then it will be time to high-build and sand

doesn't look like it's leaving until Thursday - and I never leave well enough alone
1hTgqqLh.jpg
voWcKtdh.jpg

anyway, there's only so much sanding that I'll take pictures of..
​​​​​​​

2 weeks .... but that's bodyshop time, so who knows

bon voyagee
SWIMpAph.jpg
mWEZf1ih.jpg
7S0T6iGh.jpg
e4ot1Tlh.jpg
at the shop
sbeagRLh.jpg
sbeagRLh.jpg
people were stopping to stare... weird, I thought no one liked C3 Corvettes ;)
new project takes its place
​​​​​​​b5JtgsWh.jpg

Last edited:
Update: I talked to the body shop Thursday - it's in the paint booth now...

edit

Car is ready to pick up....

Last edited:
Interested to see it in paint. Should really look good.

Careful, Old lawnmowers and UTV's can take a lot of your spare time. :)

Interested to see it in paint. Should really look good.

Careful, Old lawnmowers and UTV's can take a lot of your spare time. :)

that poor lawnmower. we have good soil but lots of rocks during the winter, the ground freezes and pops those rocks up into the thick grass. When the grass thickens for the summer, it pushes rocks up - so the first few mows are basically a soggy mow with a lot of shattered rocks. That does not do good things to the mower deck, blades and spindles.... to the point that I've replaced them almost once a year.... replaced, the spindles (they're unitized), the blades (literally break in half). Add to my abuse a really stupid design (star locks for the blades which strip), spindle housings that are held on by 4 tiny tabs (which break off), and no zerk fitting to lube said spindle.... they honestly don't have a chance. In that picture, I was fixing the broken-in-half blade problem.

what's even more fun.... I mow starting in mid-May until July when the rains stop (yeah, who knew that in Seattle we have glorious weather from late July to mid-September? - usually it starts July 5 and ends the first Monday in September). So the tractor doesn't really get that much use.... but the deck sure does... to illustrate how little use - it has a 4 gallon tank that I fill once per year (1 acre yard) - I always use fuel stabilize for that very reason.

That's gotta be the fastest Corvette paint job ever! It helps that you had it fully prepped and ready I guess. Looking forward to seeing it. :)

The grand sport wheels look better on this car than on a GS. Looks good in paint.

Looks like on some "sunny Day" you'll have to change your avitar!

Very Nice - I know how much effort to get the body right to be done in black.

Cheers - Jim