Naca Duct - Haters Requested

enkeivette

So, despite my custom motor mount to drop and solid mount my motor, my Procharger pulley has again eaten it's way through my hood.

Options? I dunno. The only thing I can think to do would be to install a Naca Duct right on top of the Procharger, greenwood turbo Vette style (see pic). This would have the added benefit of cooling the head unit.

But I don't want to be accused of turning my car into a rice rocket.

To make matters worse, so I don't have to repaint the hood (at least not right away) I'm considering riveting on a carbon fiber or gloss black duct.

Provide alternatives or forever hold your peace.

601bcbc373ca8c236791962db8b4ea43.jpg6b6d632b391e113b8c9d946d2103ce0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, despite my custom motor mount to drop and solid mount my motor, my Procharger pulley has again eaten it's way through my hood.

Hmm don't know how a NACA duct would give the height it seems you might be needing. Maybe a well styled aerodynamic blister like on the old Triumph TR-4s?

Could have the lip inside and still surface mount with some 3M trim tape to keep from a total repaint.

Here's a couple of pics:

thum_126956de10d1dc0ac.jpg That one is a "custom version."

thum_126956de10f31c38d.jpg This is more "stock."

Cheers - Jim

I would cut 2" out of the back of the duct, to allow the pulley to stick though, and the remaining part of the duct would funnel air underneath the pulley, onto the procharger.

And I have seen the bluge in the hood. There is a stroked and blown Vortech C3 out there with a small dome molded into the hood over the blower. Can't find any pics, but I didn't love it.

I do like the idea of mounting it underneath with 3M tape. Assuming I can make a chip free cut in the paint :eek:

I may do this on my one car, the F2 volute will need a "bubble" or blister in the hood and the scoop will run over top. This way the scoop and air box get cool air.

I think I have photos and will link them as that article will get deleted eventually.

the beauty of our cars is the never get mistaken for anything...

Do what suits you !!

I'm thinking of a NACA duct to feed a box around the air filter on my Ramjet... instead of sucking hot air under the hood... cool air is free horsepower... ~1% increase in power for every 11F drop in inlet air temp... holding every thing else constant... I was thinking of fitting a spare vac/boost clock ive had laying around too..

If I had room for duct work I could pull it from in front of the rad or the base of the windshield

:smash::smash::smash: