Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Chassis, Steering and Suspension

Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Canada | Addict

My Photos: (494)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvetracr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Michel View Post
I know it didnt drop the car, but not sure about the reason, I know he tried to explain it.
I fixed it for you...

I once asked norval how he knew something he was doing would work...his response "because it looked strong"...my opinion for the 2 cents it may or may not be worth...the guy was a hack, every weld got ground down, his dash wiring job looked like a colored bowl of spaghetti, everything got covered (hidden) under that thick black paint and he had more excuses than carters got little pills. my favorite was the 'bolt in" cage, he said he might have to remove it to pass a Canadian auto inspection...but the big blower sticking out of the hood blocking his vision passed inspection? ..........hack.

Thanks for the fix Redvetracr my english need some help sometimes lol

hahaha in a lot of ways, youre right.

I didnt understand everything he came up with, some things were a bit out of my league so I didnt argue but the mods he made sure provoked some good argumentations.

Thats a good way to get people talk about their experiences and make some good conversation about mods, good or bad.

Last edited by 1Michel; 05-02-2011 at 08:02 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Belgium | Addict

My Photos: (104)

I think Norval did it to lower the instantanous center, to reduce corner roll and still being able to use soft springs. It made sense. However, i'm not completly confident welding those spindles since they are cast as far as i know.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 AM
United States | n00b

My Photos: (0)

I have been working on a fabricated spindle for C3 that will do two things.. 1 inch drop & the use of a C6 Corvette bearing pack.. Thoughts please.. Anything else I should be looking to incorporate into t he design..
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 AM
Netherlands | Der Maulwurf

My Photos: (1296)

C5/6 brake mounts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Old 04-22-2014, 10:41 AM
United States | Garage Monkey

My Photos: (293)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisjcg View Post
I have been working on a fabricated spindle for C3 that will do two things.. 1 inch drop & the use of a C6 Corvette bearing pack.. Thoughts please.. Anything else I should be looking to incorporate into t he design..
Use a early C4 non-ABS hub.

There is a spindle in the download section:

Old 04-22-2014, 03:25 PM
United States | n00b

Twin- yes for C5/6 brakes.. In my world we use 18 inch tires & bigger.. Plus everybody makes a good brake kit for those cars..

BB- I like using the SKF ZR-1 hub because of all the road racing we do.. Nice to see you model of the C3 spindle.. I can use it to compare measurements..

Here is on spindle I currently make for my Camaro sub-frames.. I have lots of time in this design plus expense in fixtures..

Here is what I got started so far on the C3 spindle... We can make it work .. Just gonna take some time to figure it our!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo View Post
C5/6 brake mounts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBShark View Post
Quote:
Use a early C4 non-ABS hub.

There is a spindle in the download section:

Old 04-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Canada | Member

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing these made, I would love to have drop spindles on my car.

Any idea of when or how much?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Germany | Crew Chief

My Photos: (882)

I know this a very old thread but I have to ask: with somewhat standard wheels (17" or 18") the overall diameter of the wheel is about 26" - given a 275-40-17 tire or a 245-40-18.... Ballpark....... How low do you want to go?
With all stock stuff, ams etc, and only 550lbs coils from VBP the front fender sits low enough to almost rub the tire.....
So if I understand this correctly (and there's a good chance I am missing something) you pretty much have to use stock coil springs with drop spindles..... Which seems to result in a low but very soft ride.....

I understand all about the unchanged susp geometry but the C3 is so low to start with that it's a completely different animal than i.e. a Chevelle or a Nova ....

I am using 2" drop spindles on my aircooled VW but that's not a performance suspension at all......

Old 04-30-2014, 12:55 AM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Reading this old thread again, and it got me to thinking again (I know, that's highly dangerous) BUT, why not flip the lower Ball joint upside down, weld and retaper the lower spindle hole to accept the joint stem, thereby raising the spindle a fair amount, dropping the car about 2" or so....put in a taller spring if necessary.....that would raise the upper B/J--arm for the desired measure on that angle....... seems like a simple enough thing to do, NO??

maybe even put in another type of lower ball joint....

Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 AM
United States | Garage Monkey

My Photos: (293)

You could co that Gene but you would lower it at least 3 inches. Thats has it's own problems