Plastic Fantastic 2

the article didnt come up, i guess it balances out and absorbs pulses reducing the noise?

Perf plate has acoustic impedance, analogous to voltage drop over a resistor. The cone gives max surface area, max open area, so the pressure drop across the perf plate isn't too bad.

Acoustic impedance lumps all the physics into one bin. I'm sure there are detailed physical explanations somewhere, but that's too in depth for me.

I know we had test cells for gas turbines that had walls lined with perf plate spaced off a bit and apparently it worked pretty good for reducing noise.

I can't upload the article. If someone can show me, I have the PDF .... otherwise, google
"Design and Fabrication of Reactive Muffler" it should pop right up...

I believe you could host it in the "Downloads" Tab. Tell BBSHark - I believe he has the "keys." Or, you can change the file extension from <pdf> to <jpg> and tell everyone to change it back after they download it. That is kinda of "klunky - so I'd go to downloads...

Is it this one:
"DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF REACTIVE MUFFLER -- G. GNANENDHAR REDDY and N. PRAKASH"?
They show some substantial reductions.

Cheers - Jim

Last edited:
Back to lights
first, adjust the rods so that closed is the furthest point.
ROzwh5Hh.jpg
I need to make a stop but that's tomorrow
today, wiring.edited I'm putting the switch under the steering column.edited The stock C3 has vacuum controls for the headlight doors here - I don't need them, and I need a way of mounting the under part.... win win
qtLWE1gh.jpg
QocT9bvh.jpg
and painted black (and drying)
yXNqyWdh.jpg

to be continued tomorrow....edited

I believe you could host it in the "Downloads" Tab. Tell BBSHark - I believe he has the "keys." Or, you can change the file extension from <pdf> to <jpg> and tell everyone to change it back after they download it. That is kinda of "klunky - so I'd go to downloads...

Is it this one:
"DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF REACTIVE MUFFLER -- G. GNANENDHAR REDDY and N. PRAKASH"?
They show some substantial reductions.

Cheers - Jim

yep - it'd be cool if BB could put it in the tech section for future reference. there is a lot of good information in that short paper.

panels installed....edited
5NkIZH7h.jpg
I also used the wrong switch.... and this isn't better.... ah well. tomorrow.

The problem with the switch I used is it locks in position - it needs to be a momentary switch (self-centering) otherwise it could burn up the motors.

Now I'm official
kuHqiW1h.jpg

the right switch
vGwMsL3h.jpg

light lever
41wPCjbh.jpg

on my list of things to do is power port
gxgJqRMh.jpg
mods
nuTKXpmh.jpg
first, block off the ash tray
RhaP64Sh.jpg
two holesedited
aGSCQpvh.jpg
wire harness
sSVBVyEh.jpg
now harness with switch
b2n0bdFh.jpg
even a phone holder
OP1atc2h.jpg
cm1SvhOh.jpg

I had to do one fix, I didn't realize my only USB port had voltage display... so one switch later
2r5kgXgh.jpg
ox6t6PVh.jpg

two switches and a plug... there would be video of the lights
xNWo94Eh.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10W6tZnjLo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
looks good, nice and smooth. did you have to do any adjustments for length of travel ?

if, by adjustment, you mean remake the arm and rods twice... yes, yes I did.

this was a cool project because I learned a lot about force and angle.

Last edited:
yes that a better description then mine, I think I would like to be a Mechanical engineer except for that math thing....:)

yes that a better description then mine, I think I would like to be a Mechanical engineer except for that math thing....:)

For those wondering how a lawyer is made. I want to race cars, and I know racing is expensive, so: I would have been a doctor, except I failed A&P, I would have been an engineer but I failed math. Law school it is!

Which is almost true for me, except I originally considered Psychology until I found out you make more money flipping burgers then you do with a Phd in Psych (not even slightly kidding).

reminds me of this joke....

plumber finishes his repair of broken pipes and gives the bill to the home owner....the home owner looks at it and says $$$per hour!!!! I am a Dr and dont even make that much, the plumber smiles and says yes thats why i left the profession.