Lars Checking In

Now that you are here i may have to check in more often in here.

Yeah, what other reason could you have...no sense in sticking around here otherwise...nothing to see.

Yes, I'm severely offended by your comment. :mad:

I'm still tuning and tweaking a little bit of everything, but I'm not doing any new mail order stuff.
Lars

I'm still tuning and tweaking a little bit of everything, but I'm not doing any new mail order stuff.
Lars

cuss.gif

Now that you are here i may have to check in more often in here.

Yeah, what other reason could you have...no sense in sticking around here otherwise...nothing to see.

Yes, I'm severely offended by your comment. :mad:

no reason to be offended at all, sorry if you were.
My forum activities and contribution are minimal anymore, on ALL forums. i've stopped going onto CF C3 altogether, have greatly reduced and curtailed my postings n the CF C1/C2 section, have completely stopped going on another 2 or 3 forums altogether, etc.

i'm doing some limited lucking on CF C1/C2, here, and Vetteheads since i'm always looking to learn where/when i can and only rarely anymore post.

My reduced forum activities are because of various reasons, not the least of which is my trying to build up a new start-up business which takes a lot of my time of course.

Again, sorry if you took offense to my message but i was simply trying to welcome Lars, not give any disrespect to the rest of this forum.

Welcome! I think you'll find the average IQ and technical aptitude a bit higher on this site versus CF. You're in good company here.

I hope so. I have been at CF since 2002 and find that they spend most of their posts flaming each other. I have never posted there much for that reason.

Last edited:
Lars,

I've been building up the old Holley List 6211 carb and posted in the engine section. I have a couple of tuning questions.

I installed 4.5 power valves as you recommended in another post. installed #64 jets in primary but the largest jets I had for the secondary was #84 so I went with them for now. After swapping over the metering plates and base plate from a newer 6210 and reassembled the carb. The thing started right up and no leaks. The previous rich issue is gone and I'm real pleased so far.

I found out that the secondary idle is too high as the primary idle will only go down to 1000rpm and if I push a bit on the secondary it drops a bit more. I adjusted the secondary to where there is 10th of transfer slot showing. Should adjust the secondary idle so that the slot is just hidden by the butterfly as the next place to start?