AN Fitting lubricant substitute

73 Mike

I'll drive it someday
I've dry assembled the tubing and fittings for my hydroboost install. Sat down this morning to properly assemble the fittings and find that Summit has back ordered the fitting lubricant. Since I've never done AN fittings with stst braided hoses before, I'm reluctant to skip a step. I'm even more reluctant to wait a week for another brand/vendor to ship it and I doubt I'll find this a Walley World.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable substitute?

Last edited:
I've dry assembled the tubing and fittings for my hydroboost install. Sat down this morning to properly assemble the fittings and find that Summit has back ordered the fitting lubricant. Since I've never done AN fittings with stst braided hoses before, I'm reluctant to skip a step. I'm even more reluctant to wait a week for another brand/vendor to ship it and I doubt I'll find this a Walley World.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable substitute?

after my first can of genuine Aeroquip assembly fluid I started using oil with rubber lined and a little silicone spray with Teflon lined hose.....that was about 25 years ago.

Kept forgetting to thank you guys again. I ended up using Royal Purple assembly lube because I had it handy. Worked perfectly.