newb from TN building a Protouring 79 vette

snakeater

SCUMBAG
had this 79 black on black 75k mile survivor for a while now and thought of trading it for something to build a protouring car out of. They someone directed me here and I saw the black 78 on here with the chrome 18's and the corbeau seats and fel into deep lust. You know who you are, I hate you by the way. That got all the juices flowing again for the black beast. So now the adventure is beginning. I am going to keep the auto in my car, but all else will most likely go. I will soon have a lot of parts to get rid of, so look forward to hearing alot from me. Great site, love it already. Snakeater

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

hotrodder, have we got some ideas for YOU.....

:harhar::nuts:

first cut will be the stock rally wheels, sucks to because I just had them reshod with fresh rubber. I started looking through ecklers today and found some pretty decent suspension kits. Any suggestions, car will mostly be a street fighter with a little road course thrown in for good measure. Second cut is the stock 350 for something with a little more pep. thinking 5.3 with a nice cam and carb. May also upgrade from a turbo 350 trans to an OD for highway manners. If at all possible i am keeping the stock paint, very nice origional black. Still holds a great shine.

Welcome! It's a great place for info. As said before, you won't find many stockers here. Instead of the 5.3, why not a 383? Mine gets around 18 MPG and runs like a bat outa hell. I get asked all the time if I have a big block just cause of the way it sounds. Art

mainly fuel injection and ease of adding a supercharger. They are so easy to make horsepower with, even easier than a rat motor. 5.3's set up right with a few mods will make 450 plus HP and still get in the 20's for fuel mileage. Cam, intake and headers will put the motor close to 425 hp, then add a supercharger for 20-30 percent more streetable. Oh the last reason I am most likely gonna do it is they are cheap, plentiful and I already have one. It's an ls engine so tons of aftermarket parts for it, to include longtube headers for c3's already in production. They will bolt up to your choice of trans. snakeater

mainly fuel injection and ease of adding a supercharger. They are so easy to make horsepower with, even easier than a rat motor. 5.3's set up right with a few mods will make 450 plus HP and still get in the 20's for fuel mileage. Cam, intake and headers will put the motor close to 425 hp, then add a supercharger for 20-30 percent more streetable. Oh the last reason I am most likely gonna do it is they are cheap, plentiful and I already have one. It's an ls engine so tons of aftermarket parts for it, to include longtube headers for c3's already in production. They will bolt up to your choice of trans. snakeater

Ohhhh that kind of 5.3. Good move. I haven't found any LS converts that were sorry they moved away from the Gen I. Keep us updated :thumbs: