'97 Saturn....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Neignbor's car, DOHC engine, the O2 sensor is bad according to computer codes,...not surprising....

but being 11 y/o and up front in the moisture, that thing is IN that exhaust mani but Good and tight....tried pretty hard with wrench to get it out....no go...I can maybe get one turn on the thing, but it's still too snug...scared of messing it up BAD.....guy don't have a hell of a lot of money...

so I tried heat it up, and ice cube which enabled me to move it at ALL, but hate the feel of it at this point....tried WD40 but that is no help at all, desperation play....

I feel that thing is welded in there BAD....

I hammered a bit too...no go...

any other suggestions except get a junkyard mani???

:bomb:

Neignbor's car, DOHC engine, the O2 sensor is bad according to computer codes,...not surprising....

but being 11 y/o and up front in the moisture, that thing is IN that exhaust mani but Good and tight....tried pretty hard with wrench to get it out....no go...I can maybe get one turn on the thing, but it's still too snug...scared of messing it up BAD.....guy don't have a hell of a lot of money...

so I tried heat it up, and ice cube which enabled me to move it at ALL, but hate the feel of it at this point....tried WD40 but that is no help at all, desperation play....

Brute force can't win?

Heat the car up some, when it gets hot give it a whirl.

Can you get an O2 socket over the top and use a breaker bar?

Brute force can't win?

Heat the car up some, when it gets hot give it a whirl.

Can you get an O2 socket over the top and use a breaker bar?

Only by removing the rad/fan....PIA....

by time he shells out about 100 bux MINIMUM to fix that car, that's just parts alone, then he only spends 25 bux/week on gasoline.....lets assume he saves 20% on fuel economy....that's 20/month......maybe....

hardly worth the effort....

:beer: