HEI distributor help.

I was wondering if it is possible to run a regular size HEI distributor in a 1973 corvette or would I have to order a small cap and base distributor. It looks like it might not fit because of firewall clearances. Didn't know if anyone on here has squeezed on in there.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks- David

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

Works fine, direct swap.....BUT you need run full voltage wiring to the HEI, off the PINK wiring under the dash....forget the present wiring, just tape it up and set aside....

Works fine, direct swap.....BUT you need run full voltage wiring to the HEI, off the PINK wiring under the dash....forget the present wiring, just tape it up and set aside....

Yep. My '73 has been converted just like Gene says. Only thing I'll add is that the chrome ignition shield won't fit the new cap. I'm told the '75 shielding will fit but I've not found the time to go down that road yet.

DC

Yep. My '73 has been converted just like Gene says. Only thing I'll add is that the chrome ignition shield won't fit the new cap. I'm told the '75 shielding will fit but I've not found the time to go down that road yet.

DC

UMM...quite right, thing is who in hell has a AM radio anymore???

:rofl:

I was wondering if it is possible to run a regular size HEI distributor in a 1973 corvette or would I have to order a small cap and base distributor. It looks like it might not fit because of firewall clearances. Didn't know if anyone on here has squeezed on in there.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks- David

You can even install the stock 73 distributor cover over it! :thumbs:

DSCN0684.jpg