crap! one two steps forward, one step back

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
i was all hopeful today i'd actually hear the motor on my little 240z project run today. i get over to my shop and all i should have to do to start it is run the fuel line, gas it up and set the timing. i roll it out of the hole it's been in for the last 4 months to work on it and notice a little trail of water. i think, "what the hell is this shit?" i look around and there's this snail trail of water leaking down the side of the block. looks like it's coming from the head gasket. goddamnit! i suppose i could go ahead and start it, but why bother? looks like the head has to come back off. i don't know what i did wrong.
shit!
shit!
shit!

I'd be rocket pissed too, somehow all this shit sounds very familiar, maybe not the same shit, but it still stinks....

had a cyl head gasket go on the vette, when I had NO money, I did have a iron set of heads, and a set of gaskets for them....

so off came the Edel heads, on went the iron.....sold the Edel heads and got hell on with it....

IT LIVES!!!!
pulled the head gasket off this morning and reinstalled and retorqued everything. got the timing close and fired it up. so far, no signs of leaks and it sounded pretty good too. i still have to plug in a temperature switch for the electric fan and fab some kind of throttle linkage for the holley. but at least i got a nice, steady idle.
:yahoo: