Bird Run 4

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Okay guys, the annual (sometimes) Bird Run, TWO DAY overnight run is August 18th-19th this year.
All you die hards, tune her up, wipe off the dust, and sign up here.:wink:

My issue is becoming less mysterious. (It's water moisture/shorting related, almost positive.) Assuming that can be sorted I'll make one of the days, probably the Saturday and come back in the evening.

Laurie wants to know. If we overnight in San Diego. If we can go to the naval base where they do their fighter training. You know,the one from the movie Top Gun.
She want to see the planes. So she say's :suspicious:

Laurie wants to know. If we overnight in San Diego. If we can go to the naval base where they do their fighter training. You know,the one from the movie Top Gun.
She want to see the planes. So she say's :suspicious:

I "think" Top Gun is no longer at Miromar, but I'll check.
San Diego is chock full of things to do.

My issue is becoming less mysterious. (It's water moisture/shorting related, almost positive.) Assuming that can be sorted I'll make one of the days, probably the Saturday and come back in the evening.

This is me Vettezuki, personal-like.

Ideas offered.
A ONE RUN
Down the Coast Highway through all the towns. Back through the foothills near the coast as best as can be done
A BUTTERFIELD RUN
Through Temecula valley and out into Anza Borrego. There are a number of old stagecoach stations on the older less traveled roads. (Butterfield Express Company is now American Express.)
George

Looks like I'm in. I'm gone the week before and my bride won't be too pleased with me, but as Dan Hill says "Life's too short not to spend it afraid."

Well, boys, I'm not sure if I'll make it or not. Depends on the weather and the route. It will be hard to miss the heat here at this time of the year, and I sure as hell do not want to be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic with no AC.

have you got a nice 2 day run through the mountains planned out yet? hey Bird, how about that first run i went on'the one where you had the tranny problem,you remember that one. cant remember the name of the town we stayed in,but that was a nice 2 day drive. All i can remember is Mt palomar?? and the town of Jillian ?? not sure of spelling. I bet my wife would even like that trip.