Paper work triples value .....

rtj

Love looking at Craigslist, pass up a lot of stuff.

Appears that this car triples in value with paperwork.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-corvette-convertible-427/6579266230.html

1968 Corvette Convertible 427 Project - $25000 (Horseheads NY)
1968 chevrolet corvette
fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual
Real 1968 Two Top Convertible L89 Corvette.
Real 427/435HP Factory Aluminum Head Car.
Original Tank Sticker
NCRS Shipping Data Sheet
Was a Super Stocker drag car and is tubbed with a cage and will need a rear floor behind
The seat installed.
Nice Body
I was going to do a NCRS restoration and then drag it in Pure Stock Drags.
Don't have time or energy.
Willing to trade but NO projects.
If hard work is done and it needs painted,.......Maybe.
Muscle cars only or 55 2 Door Chevy or 59-60 Impala.
Trouble loading
Photos,email me and I will send photos
No Drive Train.
Trades come to me

Sellers, sales people always need an argument to make their product stand out. If the buyers then buy into this logic, the price skyrockets untill the latter finally realizes that at the end of the day it's what you can do with a car that's what counts.

Sellers, sales people always need an argument to make their product stand out. If the buyers then buy into this logic, the price skyrockets untill the latter finally realizes that at the end of the day it's what you can do with a car that's what counts.

You don't think the l89 paperwork will get him in the neighborhood of hi asking price?

You don't think the l89 paperwork will get him in the neighborhood of hi asking price?

If he finds a buyer yes.

My point is it is probably a $6k-$8k car at best with no papers. If he has valid papers, he'll probably get close to his price. There weren't many made in 68.

It would take a ton of money to put that back to original. Sounds like you get a cut up body and cut up frame with no drive train. You would be better off keeping it a drag car.

That's the specs for my car without the tank sticker.

I could never understand the "paper work" argument. Like paper work validates the car! If anyone wanted to clone an early 70's or older car, paperwork would be the easiest part of the deception.

I could never understand the "paper work" argument. Like paper work validates the car! If anyone wanted to clone an early 70's or older car, paperwork would be the easiest part of the deception.

Someone involved is an NCRS member, as the got the NCRS shipping report (members only). But, It is only info like dates and original dealer, no options.

The guys at CF were discussing paper work, and there are clues. Anyone dropping $24k on this will either have lots of cash or lots of knowledge, or both.

Hey, this forum is a bit slow anyways, so I figured I'd throw this out for discussion.

It would take a ton of money to put that back to original. Sounds like you get a cut up body and cut up frame with no drive train. You would be better off keeping it a drag car.

That's the specs for my car without the tank sticker.

Yes, chopped up ex-drag car roller. Without a tank sticker it's not worth much.

Anyone know what happened to that rusty L88 that guy on CF found and was restoring it himself? It was well documented and fairly complete, but rusty if I remember correctly? Last I read over there he got banned or something.

I started looking at L89 prices, they are lower than I expected. You're probably right to be skeptical. Maybe if they economy continues to improve he'll do okay.

I started looking at L89 prices, they are lower than I expected. You're probably right to be skeptical. Maybe if they economy continues to improve he'll do okay.

Nothing rises forever.