$250 for a boat anchor <grrr>

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
i was working on my 240z project car today and i'm almost ready to drop the motor in. i thought i'd go ahead and fit the header and intake while it was out just to make it easier. good thing i did. that's when i found the #2 intake runner for my arizona Z car intake manifold hits the #3 primary tube for my brand new ceramic coated header.
great. :bomb:
so i dimple the header. probably a good 1/4" deep but no joy.
now i move on to the manifold casting. i figure it's pretty thick, there's a lot of meat i can remove. besides, i should just be able to take off about 1/32". grind a little off, test fit. grind a little off, test fit. grind a little off, test fit. fast forward about another 8 test fits. oh wait, what's that? looks like a crack. damn it. so by the time i finally get the clearance i need the hole is about 1/4" wide by 3/4" long. figured as long as i have to have it welded, i might as well get all the clearance i need now.
just damn it, damn it, damn it!
:censored: :censored: :censored:

Be happy you test fit BEFORE you dropped the engine back in. You'd be standing on your coconut saying lots of bad words trying to figure out why nothing fits.