1000 rwhp with IRS?

tektrans

Just got a '78 vette and want to put a 540 in it with nitrous. Like to keep the IRS, been reading about Toms stuff, gonna call over there today but anyone on here running that kinda power with IRS?
thx, Mark

Just got a '78 vette and want to put a 540 in it with nitrous. Like to keep the IRS, been reading about Toms stuff, gonna call over there today but anyone on here running that kinda power with IRS?
thx, Mark

You can, but how long it will last is the real question.

thx, Mark

You can, but how long it will last is the real question.

not planning to hit it hard outta the gate, gonna bring it in easy and will be on drag radials so hopefully I could put something together that'll last a bit

I got a couple of calls this week, you may have been one, anyway with 700-1000hp you're going to need the 12 bolt, 1480 axle kit and about $7000 not including price increase due on 4/1. Might be better to get a solid axle car and build a street car out of the '78.

I got a couple of calls this week, you may have been one, anyway with 700-1000hp you're going to need the 12 bolt, 1480 axle kit and about $7000 not including price increase due on 4/1. Might be better to get a solid axle car and build a street car out of the '78.

Some years ago, there were many sharks running arounf Jax with solid axles....

:drink:

Gene
I may be wrong but I don't think a Jag diff is going to hold up to 1000. A Ford 9" conversion may be better but it's debateable on which is stronger, the 9" or 12 bolt!

Gene
I may be wrong but I don't think a Jag diff is going to hold up to 1000. A Ford 9" conversion may be better but it's debateable on which is stronger, the 9" or 12 bolt!

Gary, decades ago, I dropped outta the racing super car scene and have stayed happy enough with my car, electronic, home rebuilding, guns, antiques, boating, hobbies.....

but know of a few cars here and there, down here most of the guys with any BBC sharks went solid Ford 9" far as I can recall....

then again....maybe a 14" truck Dana??? who knows...

:hissyfit: