My new rear is in.....

Well, got the rear over to rear guy today. Looks like a seal on the pinion.

Hope so.

Also, they are going to weld up those butcher holes where we had the JB weld.

Well, got the rear over to rear guy today. Looks like a seal on the pinion.

Hope so.

Also, they are going to weld up those butcher holes where we had the JB weld.

Cool Did you sell the boat?
Sorry had to ask.

Everything is for sale except my kids. Make an offer. First $100K takes it.

Eh, contact Tony Soprano, he got a offer you can't refuse.....

:crutches::hunter::rofl:

Just my opinion, but I'd guess its either the seal itself, they are not hard to marr or nick and sometimes tough to seat and shit does happen,or the surface on the yoke is worn down and not getting a good seal.

Just my opinion, but I'd guess its either the seal itself, they are not hard to marr or nick and sometimes tough to seat and shit does happen,or the surface on the yoke is worn down and not getting a good seal.

It's leaking from the OUTSIDE of the seal, not the rubber around the yoke. The guy say that the new seals have this problem from time to time, that there was a design change.

Waiting to get it back. Hopefully this week.

Just spoke to the guy who has the rear. The pinion seal was the problem. he's going to replace it. The guy who did it also sleeved the pinion, he felt it was unnecessary.

This place is about 10,000 sq feet and has rear ends in there from big dumptrucks with universals that look like 6 inches across, to smaller car stuff. They are all CORVETTE guys, they have 5 between them. which is comforting.

He was not impressed with the rebuild the guy did only in terms of the pinion gear. He said he "just slammed the seal in and didn't seal it" I am not quite sure what that means, just what he told me.

SO I expect it back by weeks end so I can drop it in this week end. Fingers are crossed, can't wait to get this SOB on the road, ONCE AND FOR ALL!

I'm so close to being finished. 1. the rear 2. the trans wiring harness, no big deal, 3. the TUNE!

Then I'm done.

It means the guy should have slapped some permatex or even a layer of paint on the metal ring (outside) of the seal or in the tailshaft bore.

It means the guy should have slapped some permatex or even a layer of paint on the metal ring (outside) of the seal or in the tailshaft bore.

He said something about the new seals have a new material in them which expands when it get hot? Looked like a beige ring inside the metal part of the seal.

Well got a call the rear is done. All welded up new seals leaking problem solved.

I'm picking it up tomorrow hopefully installing over the next three days. Finally, $400 later

Last edited:
Well, got it all bolted up again, can't wait to see how the 3.73s react.

3.73s ?? what was in there before ??

3.07 was the original gearing. JUST TOOK IT OFF JACKSTANDS!!! Going to go run it!

Next is the trans wiring harness, no big deal. Then get the A/C fixed, converted to 134. Then finish up the tune.

Then I'm FINALLY done. I hope...