tripod mirroirs done.. Pics

Yes I can now see that is behind me rather than fenders... as shown in the Power service Manual... and the Greenwood BFG cars

the tube lengths are 12,10, and 7 inches each side. I used thin wall stainless tubing...

Stainless T-316/316L
Welded Tube
0.375" x 0.028" x 0.319"

crimp is 1" long on each end locate to the production front mirror mounting hole on driver side. Passenger side is locate to taste...

6061-T6 0.100 sheet for the mounts.. trimed to fit the gasket for the Vitaloni Sebring Mach 1 Mirror, Black - Flat Lens

3/16" blind alloy rivets

and 1/4" alloy backing washers from pegasus racing

165166ee9b085dc.png

I"m a huge fan of bubble mirrors, been on every car for decades now, the motor home is a snap with them there, wife just refuses to get used to them.....

so I have to adjust the mirrors every time when driving her car, :surrender:

Those look nice and nice work on the install too. :thumbs:
Will the car stay in the same Black and orange trim when you are done?
Do you have a source for a similar mirror?
I sold my 'vette mirrors when I sold the doors - and NASA requires mirrors - maybe I'll follow Gene's lead and jut get some stickie mirrors and paste them somewhere...
Cheers - Jim

I sold my 'vette mirrors when I sold the doors - and NASA requires mirrors - maybe I'll follow Gene's lead and jut get some stickie mirrors and paste them somewhere...
Cheers - Jim

HEHEH....obviously this is some class of race car, fine for the application, but why don't the sanctioning body allow bubble mirrors on the stock/close enough applications??? less windage...gotta be.....

:smash::smash:

Cheers - Jim

pegasus racing Vitaloni Sebring Mach 1 Mirror, Black - Flat Lens

Hotrod satin red and satin black stripe per the pic...

A set of the APR cf mirrors might also look good on those.

replaced the hex head bolts with polished stainless button heads and nylocks in 1/4-20 also polished the tubing with speedypolish... nice finished look :rofl: