Jamming Odometer?

gkz

No, its not a name of a band. PO told me the odometer didn't work. When I removed the trip odometer, the regular odometer functions great when the speedometer is driven by a drill (50-60MPH). I ordered a new AC/Delco odometer and it sticks worse than the original when turned with the fingers. It seems like the tiny gears inside the number wheels are hanging up on something. Ever hear of this before?

I see from your avatar pix there what looks like a early shark, I assume that is your car, so you need look close/maybe WD40 that cable that goes to the lower dash with the black knob on it, the adjustment/reset cable you push...sounds like it's hanging up and causing problems....I know mine does sometimes, I just live with it....

:thumbs:

I see from your avatar pix there what looks like a early shark, I assume that is your car, so you need look close/maybe WD40 that cable that goes to the lower dash with the black knob on it, the adjustment/reset cable you push...sounds like it's hanging up and causing problems....I know mine does sometimes, I just live with it....

Thanks, that cable works fine (I lubed it anyway). This problem is the trip odometer itself. BTW, talked to the vendor--he said its made in :chinese: He's trying to find a NOS.

Thanks, that cable works fine (I lubed it anyway). This problem is the trip odometer itself. BTW, talked to the vendor--he said its made in :chinese: He's trying to find a NOS.

Ting a ling ling wing wing Rong, ...China done struck again, ...all bets are off....

:cussing::club: