Anyone "racing" a C3? How good would an 80 be on a track?

I came close but I never did....I'm actually having to find a new buyer for my beloved Vette,,,I guess that's another thread!
Let me know if anyone wants my car, details at www.morphcomposites.com asking $12.5K
:hissyfit:

If you would like to autocross in Big Bear Calif. they have a autocross day in June with Corvettes West from Colton Calif. A guy that goes up there has a Vette similar to yours but not in as good of shape and he does remarkably well with it. I have gone up two years now and I have put alot of money into my car and he blows me away and the only modification I know of is his racing slicks! He can drive a car so, I bought me some Nitto 555RII's so I can win the Novice class or at least I hope too! He is not a Novice so I do not compete against him only his time I try to beat and for me only. Last year out of 17 Corvettes I was the only C3 and the rest were C6's and C5's I took 4th place and I had BF Goodrich T/A radial tires. The fast time was 64 seconds two times around and I did a 67 second run and the guy I am talking about did a 62 second run and I was suprised that some guys autocross to say they did and their times show it too! So go up and try it the place is Big Bear Airport and it is Corvettes West and look for the Big Bear Bash 2010 in June 25,26,27 I drive a 68 Roadster Black so look me up if you go up and the cost is on their web site I think it is around $60. for just the autocross and anything else is extra.

I think by the time anyone sets a C3 up for any type of competition type course racing it would exceed the purchase of a used C4 and still have a hard time matching that. C4's be mighty cheap these days and I would think for the price a better foundation for a weekend toy.

A rolling C4 would be a great toy, just toss a nice 350 in it, delete all un-needed stuff and you would have a light weight car that would be competition for anything out there. Especially if you bought a Z-51 roller