Toms Billet Alum Caliper Bracket

68/70Vette

The rear brake caliper brackets, that attaches the rear brake calipers to the rear wheel hubs are now available in CNN machined billet aluminum. They are $300 a pair. I bought a pair. They probably weigh about 1/2 the weight of the stock cast iron. Not a big loss of weight but they look really nice.

Tom is working on getting a new website catalog out. The projected date of the aluminum diff case has now moved out to 2012.

The usual corvette vendors sell a tool that is used to press out the rear half axles. It consists of a thick plate that attaches to the hub and the brake caliper bracket. Using this tool, creates a risk of warping the stock cast iron caliper bracket. Once warped, it's sometimes difficult to install the brake caliper. Shims can be added to position the caliper, but if the bracket is bent to much you got to get another bracket. If you buy a used one, chances are that it's been bent also. Now you have a choice to by a mint unwarped bracket...and one that weighs less and looks better.

I used a set of those caliper brackets in Ray Youngs 12 bolt & 31 spline T/A job I built for him last Winter. Really nice pieces.