1983 SCCA runoff crash

I'm Still Alive And Kicking---- Just Not As High As I Was In 1984-85
Good Luck To All Of You That Are Still Trying For More Checkered Flags.
"hardell-hartell" ??? Mch

I'm Still Alive And Kicking---- Just Not As High As I Was In 1984-85
Good Luck To All Of You That Are Still Trying For More Checkered Flags.
"hardell-hartell" ??? Mch

Mike, Thats good! Saw a picture the other day of a C3 that had your Logo on the hood.

I caught this on the history channel the other day. Then found it on You Tube. Skip to 13.45 to see Dunbar hitting the Agee C3. The car in my avatar is the one getting hit. Slowly putting it back together, very slowly, if ever. It had been in storage since 84'

http://youtu.be/OrWgVVl1R2A

Last edited:
I caught this on the history channel the other day. Then found it on You Tube. Skip to 13.45 to see Dunbar hitting the Agee C3. The car in my avatar is the one getting hit. Slowly putting it back together, very slowly, if ever. It had been in storage since 84'

believe it or not even though I have the wheels and the firewall back body & title went to a Madison WI junk yard the Dunbar Camaro is (supposedly) getting restored...

believe it or not even though I have the wheels and the firewall back body & title went to a Madison WI junk yard the Dunbar Camaro is (supposedly) getting restored...

Guess you know who orignally built and prepared the Camaro. I had heard rumors of the (supposed) restoration.

John and Burt Greenwood, driven in 1969 by Bill Petree to the 1969 SCCA A Sedan National Championship at Daytona.

Last edited:
Here you go Howard,,

JS84-0351.jpg

that old Camaro was an original Penske IROC car, it then ran in the Gordy Oftedahl SCCA Trans-Am rental fleet and I bought it from 25 time SCCA national champion Jerry Hansen, it was a real turd but boy did it go...it`s also the car above in my avatar, and yes that is my ass in the seat. the same guy reportedly restoring the phantom Dunbar Camaro bought that #15 ex Rick Dittman Corvette from me, he cut it up into 1 foot bite sized pieces.

Last edited:
Hanson, I think still holds the records for the most championships in the SCCA. Thought that was you in the Camaro.

Watching that video the underlieing theme i see is overagressive driving. I wonder if the wrecks would have been as big if drivers would have just slowed down. Corner workers are waving their arms and i didn't see any appreciable slowing.

In my rinky dinky club when there is a wreck, they pull out the black flag or some derivation of a black flag ( i can't remember) and have everyone stop and wait.

Last edited:
Watching that video the underlieing theme i see is overagressive driving. I wonder if the wrecks would have been as big if drivers would have just slowed down. Corner workers are waving their arms and i didn't see any appreciable slowing.

that isn`t over aggressive driving thats called racing and unless you see a red or black flag you DON`T STOP until you see the checkered flag, there is no passing under a yellow flag but once you get past the "yellow" and see the next clear worker station it`s foot back to the floor time.

Last edited by a moderator:
When 40 racers are jacked and making an all-out effort to win, being over aggressive is a understatement.

that isn`t over aggressive driving thats called racing and unless you see a red or black flag you DON`T STOP until you see the checkered flag, there is no passing under a yellow flag but once you get past the "yellow" and see the next clear worker station it`s foot back to the floor time.

When 40 racers are jacked and making an all-out effort to win, being over aggressive is a understatement.

We can agree to disagree on this. And, I thought it was in bad taste for the vid to sarcastically "thank" ie blame corner workers.

Back when i used to hunt i was very paticular with who i would be around with guns. I feel the same way about the track. I don't want some idiot trying to win a plastic trophy putting me in a wheelchair. That and money is why i will never progress beyond the leisurily pace of track days. The 2 of you have more balls than i ever had. My street racing days seemed safer to me.

Last edited: