klutt3.jpg

klutt4.jpg

klutt5.jpg

klutt6.jpg

klutt7.jpg

klutt8.jpg

klutt9.jpg

untitled.jpg

I am surprised to see a stock steel spring and no coilovers or other trick stuff....

coil overs not allowed besides they would be too obvious...this car was the subject of plenty of letters to the editor in a couple of different vintage racing magazines for over a year....there is plenty of trick stuff you just can`t see it in the pics.
redvetracr

Do you have more pics of the front? A lot going on there, some I can say for certain, others not sure. Specifically, the front with the lower control arms on.

I see a couiple of things.

* They use an extended/lengthened spindle
* The upper control arm has been modified to change the ball joint angle to allow the arm to sit at a steeper angle, better camber curve without having the ball joint run on the edge of it's misalignment angle. It looks like they are longer also, this would be needed because of the dramatic a arm angle increase, the effective horizontal length would give problems with the minimum camber setting being too much into the negative. Simple solution, make the arm longer.
* It LOOKS like they not only used an extended spindle with a revised inner ball joint hole (increased kingpin angle -> wider front tires without the scrub radius penalty) but they also moved the arms UP. Most likely to drop the car.

* The trailing arm bolt hole has been raised SIGNIFICANTLY, I'd guess at least 1. 5" (they are using the guldstrand toe adjust bolt too). They cleverly plated up the bottom part of the trailing arm pocket so when installed at first glance it looks stock-ish.
The idea behind this is, same as raising the diff. Effectivly you are lowering the car without upsetting the suspension. What raising the diff does for the halfshaft, this does for the trailing arm (affecting trailing arm angle and anti dive characteristics)
* The diff was raised, so was the pinion mount. it's a good 1/2" higher than stock.

Yellow, Can I get you to send me a copy of that DVD (expenses paid of course)?? I'd really like to see it.

I wonder if I can take it to a store and get a copy made? Actually copies

Last edited:
Yes I'm pretty sure I have one

The burning program I have says burn a data dvd, will that work?

Last edited:
Is that DVD from a TV show or something? Maybe it's psoted on a newsgroup or a torrent somewhere?

It's from speed TV

I got it from some guy at digital corvettes who recorded it

Could I upload it onto limewire or something similar, rapidshare etc

limewire is virus central.

Rapidshare has a 100 meg max upload, you'd have to split (rar or zip) the files. Lots of work, and lots of uploading depending on speed (and rapidshare probably won't be very fast)

Do you have more pics of the front? A lot going on there, some I can say for certain, others not sure. Specifically, the front with the lower control arms on.

I see a couiple of things.

* They use an extended/lengthened spindle
* The upper control arm has been modified to change the ball joint angle to allow the arm to sit at a steeper angle, better camber curve without having the ball joint run on the edge of it's misalignment angle. It looks like they are longer also, this would be needed because of the dramatic a arm angle increase, the effective horizontal length would give problems with the minimum camber setting being too much into the negative. Simple solution, make the arm longer.
* It LOOKS like they not only used an extended spindle with a revised inner ball joint hole (increased kingpin angle -> wider front tires without the scrub radius penalty) but they also moved the arms UP. Most likely to drop the car.

* The trailing arm bolt hole has been raised SIGNIFICANTLY, I'd guess at least 1. 5" (they are using the guldstrand toe adjust bolt too). They cleverly plated up the bottom part of the trailing arm pocket so when installed at first glance it looks stock-ish.
The idea behind this is, same as raising the diff. Effectivly you are lowering the car without upsetting the suspension. What raising the diff does for the halfshaft, this does for the trailing arm (affecting trailing arm angle and anti dive characteristics)
* The diff was raised, so was the pinion mount. it's a good 1/2" higher than stock.

I was just reading spindles are open, you can run anything you want as long as the track width is the same

Heres how he gets away with the T-arm bolt

90084691_ju6uB-O.jpg

And here is the other huge photos

90084642_fAyv4-O.jpg

90084762_UiuyN-O.jpg

90084787_oYBbq-O.jpg

the trailing arm bolt is the least of it...the car has NO birdcage, specifically NOT ALLOWED according to the written rules not to mention the windshield is laid back and the roof tipped down...I`m curious what the rod under the t-arm is in pic #3 ?

Last edited:
That bar is part of the battery box. A the same time, it might double as a droop limiter.

That bolt on shield over the trailing arm bolt, that's pretty clever :)

The front susp. pic confirms what I thought, extended ball joints, extended spindle with revised kingpin inclination to get rid of some of the scrub radius, a arm cross shaft mounted significantly higher. Pitman arm is also some other (nascar style?) model, revised location on frame (3 sections of tubing welded in to keep frame from collapsing when tightning those bolts) This thing is about as non stock as it gets

How much engine set back you think he has?? Was looking at the front hub picture.

How much engine set back you think he has?? Was looking at the front hub picture.

I watched the TV show where they built that car and as I remember it didn`t look like he needed a frame notch for his 4 stage dry sump pump, he has the notch but the pulley is nowhere near the frame cross member.....

guess the first spark plug and wheel lug on the front hub is a no match,,, as written in GCR GT1,BP,AP, well its ok in spo... And no one seems to notice?????

Who is the engineer behind the scenes on this car,,

His pass side head front surface seems to be about level with the rear cross shaft bushing....I'd say it's set back at least an inch or so.