Stan's Tri-Y Headers?

DC3

Anyone running Stan's Tri-Y headers? I'm interested in a set for my '73 and want to know about any clearance issues you may have had. Do they have to be installed from under the car? If so, how high does the car have to be elevated for installation? Other thoughts?

Here's a link and photo:

http://www.stans-headers.com/headers.htm

109Y.jpg

Thanks,

DC

those are cool, whether they do anything positive in the HP department is another story best told on a dyno. personally I would call Stan and ask about fit, fortunately it appears Stan speaks English.

Looks like its not going to happen without a head swap. Stan says his Corvette headers won't fit angled plug heads. He did offer to custom make a set for me but that would require my car in his shop and a 3600 mile round trip.

What other choices are out there for a well fitting quality header that will fit angled plug heads?

DC

Looks like its not going to happen without a head swap. Stan says his Corvette headers won't fit angled plug heads. He did offer to custom make a set for me but that would require my car in his shop and a 3600 mile round trip.

What other choices are out there for a well fitting quality header that will fit angled plug heads?

DC

I have Schoenfeld #151 on my '72 SBC L98 angle plug heads...now I did have to do Jacobs Ceramic boots....

but they only needed on 5&6 rest were fine,...but I bought all 8.....

been on there for years now, even in Florida humidity and RAIN.....

now the trick is....these headers are UNequal length.....so a discussion with the owner of the outfit told me the truth about headers....

THAT was if you have much of any pipe length after them, much less anything at ALL for a muffler....you have negated the gains from headers....

he was in the business to sell headers, and did not lie to me....so I bought anyway, because they FIT my vette....

and only 150 bux at the time....still in place maybe 6-8 years now....

:nuts: