1/2 ton truck master

I used a remote one, many sources sell simple plastic reservoirs, like tilton, wilwood (I think). The one I used is off a C4 ZF6 (S6-40) clutch master. I converted it to remote mount with some Festo plumbing stuff.

Thanks for the heads up, in my brain I was seeing 15/16, not 11/16. I'll go with the Wilwood and just shim her in. Hate to mar up parts that don't work and cannot return, got a whole shop full of crap like that right now. :waxer: Between my friend Jeff and I we could dang near build a C3 from the ground up with all the crap I have in boxes.

Thanks again!

tt

I used a remote one, many sources sell simple plastic reservoirs, like tilton, wilwood (I think). The one I used is off a C4 ZF6 (S6-40) clutch master. I converted it to remote mount with some Festo plumbing stuff.

Thanks TT, it is nice to know some name brands on this stuff, when I walk in my local auto parts store and start talking about retro fitting this or that that look terrified and think I am building a space ship to get back home. :confused2:

You will probably have a problem with the truck master because it is 11/16 bore with about 1 1/8 inch travel.

I am using a '85 Chev 1/2 ton clutch master cylinder from NAPA with a McLeod 1400-30 hydraulic throw out bearing for the T-5 transmission on my 78. Works great. Over a thousand miles since converting from a TH350 last Fall. No problems at all.

Send PM with your email address if you want documentation with pix on how I modded the master cylinder shaft length and did the master cylinder install.

Jerry

You will probably have a problem with the truck master because it is 11/16 bore with about 1 1/8 inch travel.

I am using a '85 Chev 1/2 ton clutch master cylinder from NAPA with a McLeod 1400-30 hydraulic throw out bearing for the T-5 transmission on my 78. Works great. Over a thousand miles since converting from a TH350 last Fall. No problems at all.

Send PM with your email address if you want documentation with pix on how I modded the master cylinder shaft length and did the master cylinder install.

Jerry

pm sent,
thanks

tt

Help

Hey guys,

Looking to wrap things up on the T5 swap into an '82. The drive shaft on the 700r4 has a different yoke than the TH350, I think I heard that the T5 fits the TH350. Does the TH 350 yoke actually slide into the T5, or are you guys taking an old drive cutting the other half of the connection to the yoke and welding onto the existing drive shaft? Can the second half of a T5 yoke be obtained via auto parts store? The diameters on the universal are the same, but, the T5 side is about 5/16" too wide and/or the 700r4 is to short to accept the same.

Thanks in advance, total wore out over this one.

tt

Hey guys,

Looking to wrap things up on the T5 swap into an '82. The drive shaft on the 700r4 has a different yoke than the TH350, I think I heard that the T5 fits the TH350. Does the TH 350 yoke actually slide into the T5, or are you guys taking an old drive cutting the other half of the connection to the yoke and welding onto the existing drive shaft? Can the second half of a T5 yoke be obtained via auto parts store? The diameters on the universal are the same, but, the T5 side is about 5/16" too wide and/or the 700r4 is to short to accept the same.

Thanks in advance, total wore out over this one.

tt

The 700R4 uses a 1310 joint, that's a small body small cap joint (there are 2 cap sizes for the 1310!) the 1350 is a large body large cap and then there's the 1330 which is a large body (1350 size) small cap (both 1310 sizes) joint. The 1330 is what your T5 yoke has since it's too wide.

You can get a bastard joint that has a 1330 and 1310 sidxe if your OEM shaft fits. Otherwise you'll need either a 1310 yoke for the T5 or a 1330 yoke on one side of the driveshaft. Your pinion yoke is also a 1310.

Stopped by two Advanced autos, one NAPA, and one Autozone. Everyplace laughed when I told them what I needed, one Advanced auto did recognize the need of a bastard u-joint. NO ONE could come up with anything.

Got home, Google'd Twin's #'s and viola!

Neapco Universal Joint
Part Number: 10134
Available at Advanced Auto or Autozone. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=NEP&MfrPartNumber=10134

Oh the power of the internet.........

So if you are one of 4 of us that have an 82 that would like to put a Ford T5 in it this is the u-joint ya need. :thumbs:

Thanks again!