Noland's body dolly

vette

Will the Noland's Adams body dolly blueprint work for a 1975 or does it need to be adjusted? Is there a better one then his I can build? If so, where can I get the blueprint.

Thanks,
Danny

Stinger12 built a nice body dolly - he might have drawings that he can share.

Hey Stinger o buddy o pal of mine. Have I told you lately what a great job you are doing? Oh, by the way, do you...................:friends:

Thanks so much,
Danny

PS: Good luck with your new job!

I have seen photos of Stinger's work and everything he built looks better than anything I see in catalogs. He does good work, way more talented than I am.

The Nolan dolly will work, but I didn't like the design for 2 reasons:

1. It's too low for tall guys like me to work in the car without spilling my beer.

2. The side support rails cover up too much of the vehicle underside side supports to do work on the bottom.

So I went out and bought me a few sticks of 2"x2" steel tubing (it's cheap), and welded up this body dolly in about 4 hours complete. It puts the car high enough to work on the bottom and sides, yet I can still get to the center areas. It supports the body under all the body mount points with a pedestal, so everything under the car is completely accessible. It keeps the car rigid enough that the doors can be opened, and I can work inside the car with the car on the dolly.

I didn't work off any design - I simply measured the distance betweeen the body mounts with a tape measure and made the dolly that size - very simple and easy to do.

Lars

LBOb7.jpg

The diagonal front and rear supports keep the body from sagging, so doors can be hung, aligned, and opened without the body drooping.

LBOb10.jpg

Detail of rear angle support - simply props up underneath the rear body mount (both sides) to provide plenty of support. Nothing is actually bolted to the body - I have good gravity in my workshop.

LBOb6.jpg

Dolly holds the body high enough that it's comfortable to work on the body sides, and it's easy to get into the engine compartment area for working on the headlight bucket system and the firewall.

LBOb1.jpg

That's me doing final placement and welding of the forward angle support - it comes up under the forward header bar and supports it with a piece of angle welded to the end of the angle support.

Last edited:
Lars how high is the garage ceiling?
can you park another car under the one on the lift?
Nice dolly,

I have 12 foot ceiling, and I do park another car under the Judge that's on the lift. This allows me to get 5 cars in the garage.

Lars

I have good gravity in my workshop.

:lol: :lol:

Lar's did you do anything special to get good gravity in your work shop :huh2:

:bonkers: IF a wheel chocks on a screw, you may appreciate the gravity of the situation.....

JUDGE?? You into old Pontiacs.....I drove them for decades....never a F or G body though.....just A & B......I managed to put DPFI on my 462 Lemans convertible/GTO had all sorts of tricks on that car....got a guy to TIG up the manifold for me up north in '92-93 winter.....still have the intake/t-body/injector/mani setup.....it got published in spring '95 HPPontiac rag.....

they called it 'Injected Madness'.....

:shocking::1st:

I have good gravity in my workshop.

:lol: :lol:

Lar's did you do anything special to get good gravity in your work shop :huh2:

:bonkers: IF a wheel chocks on a screw, you may appreciate the gravity of the situation.....

JUDGE?? You into old Pontiacs.....I drove them for decades....never a F or G body though.....just A & B......I managed to put DPFI on my 462 Lemans convertible/GTO had all sorts of tricks on that car....got a guy to TIG up the manifold for me up north in '92-93 winter.....still have the intake/t-body/injector/mani setup.....it got published in spring '95 HPPontiac rag.....

they called it 'Injected Madness'.....

:shocking::1st:

:huh:

Danny

Body Dolly

Here is the body dolly I built for my 74. The only thing that didn't work quite right was where the front rested on it. I had to add some wood to shim it up but other than that it works awesome. Make sure you get some good quality wheels for it though, you don't want to struggle to move it around.

I also built a rack to hold the frame while sandblasting and then turned it into a really nice workstation that holds all of my specialty tools welder and what nots.

PS it wont let me upload the body dolly design pdf

Jim

Attachments

• IMG00095-20090210-1939.jpg
    IMG00095-20090210-1939.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010671.JPG
    P1010671.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 20
  • bodydollyjpg.jpg
    bodydollyjpg.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 21